Racist Christian Forum (K K K)

ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1283525&posted=1#post1283525

What makes people think and do racist things? Is it a disease? Spiritual disease?

It definitely could be considered a spiritual disease, a sickness of the soul. Racism is one form of disrepect for the dignity of human life. To revel in racist thought (or even worse, words and action) is a sure sign of spiritual disorder.

How can they cure this disease and what makes them think that their religion is what orders them to preach racism?

Because they are nuts!

It has to be something that triggers it off. It’s like these nutty Jihadists. Something must make them think this way.

Who allowed people to paint Jesus white with blue eyes etc? Where did these people go wrong?

Got me. Jesus was Jewish. Did Jews not have blue eyes back then? I have no idea. I would agree the KKK that are killing in the “name of God” would be like the Jihadist.

Sufi,
The KKK killed a Catholic priest. They hated us. Just thought I would let you know that.

God bless,
Jonfan

I think that it is part of human nature to be afraid of what is different. God wants us to overcome this side of our natures. We can choose to be good or to be bad.

Most of the religions of the world teach that prejudice is wrong but there are those who can take something beautiful and make it ugly. Usually these people have their own secret agendas and emotional problems that do not originate in the religion itself but comes from their own inner evil(yes, racism is evil)

As far as how people paint Jesus…I, personally, don’t think that God cares how we depict him, as long as it is done with love. I’ve seen paintings of black Jesus’. These didn’t bother me, because I thought that perhaps the paintings were assisting the person in coming closer to God.

At the same time, there are some nutty people who actually believe that Jesus was white and not a brown skinned Jewish person. They don’t understand the difference between an artistic rendition and reality.

Yes. The KKK does not like Catholics.

Groups like the KKK have a very narrow definition of what is white. Many people who consider themselves white today, would not be pure enough for such racist groups.

As a Catholic, how can I answer for a member of the KKK? They have always included Catholics in their list of undesirables.

The only thing I can think of is that racist and Christian don’t belong in the same sentence.

While I don’t believe in the Christian Identity nonsense, I am of the belief that there are those in our society that hate White people and they are in high positions. This manifests itself in so many ways. Every race and subculture of people in this country are allowed and encouraged to gather and advocate in the name of their race or culture…except one. Guess which one. As much as I see this society assaulting Christian values, there is also this constant assault on White European culture. Racial Awareness is a term afforded to Blacks, Hispanics, Asians, North American Tribes ect. RACIST is the only term allowed for Whites who seek to preserve their heritage, their culture, their claim on this land or even those lands of their origin.
AND ANOTHER THING! I think those Black parishes in the Catholic church that hang pictures of Martin Luther King, celebrate Kwanzza and take great liberties with the liturgy need to be brought in line. I think these people think of themselves as Black first and Catholic second. The church rather ignores this but I guarantee that if you went to mass at some of these Black parishes, you would be shocked by the abuses and disregard for the order of the mass.
How many adversaries have I made with this post?:o

Hey, that link seems to go to a Islamic site.:confused:
Here’s Christian Identity which I think people are referring to. As I said, I don’t believe this nonsense.
kingidentity.com/

Irish can certainly gather together and celebrate their history, as can Norwegians, English and French.

I can perserve my Irish background, but ‘white’ people don’t all have one common background simply because of our skin color. My anscetory is different then a friend, say, from a Swedish background.

not logical because jews are white too they are caucasian and they are fair skinned

They are…semetic, right? Because to disagree with them is “anti-semetic”. They are Middle Eastern, not European. As they settled in parts of Eastern Europe they did become somewhat Euro-semetic admixture and then there is something about the mass jewish conversion of some Turkish tribe that ads to the mix. The FBI and the BMV might consider them White, but they also consider hispanics to be White.

Many hispanics are white.

This is a strange thread. If you don’t think Catholics should have to answer for Christian racists, why do you expect that Muslims should answer for terrorists?

I think that terrorists should answer for terrorists, but I do think that Christians should vocally and unequivically denounce the KKK, and we do.

It’s especially logical for Catholics to denounce the KKK since the KKK hates Catholics, and has targeted Catholics for violence.

Therefore if I found out that the Vatican was secretly sending funds to the KKK, I would be vocally, visibly upset.
This is what people wish to see happen in the Muslim community when we find out that certain leaders and countries are condoning and funding terrorist organizations like Hamas and Al Queda.

It’s not ‘answering for terrorists’. It’s disassociation with them, and public disapproval of them, and it’s something that I’d like to see more of.

The KKK are all about hating and bringing about terror in Gods name. It’s basically a bunch of children feeding off each others anger. I’m sure it’s similar in extreme Islamic circles. All one needs is broken philosophy, anger, and ignorance. Mix in a little fanaticism with a charismatic leader and you have a monster. The KKK and Osama’s gang are very similar. The difference is that we have the KKK on a leash.

-D

Muslims are more often victims of terrorists than non-Muslims. They also say that terrorists aren’t following Islam, just like you say here about the KKK.

Therefore if I found out that the Vatican was secretly sending funds to the KKK, I would be vocally, visibly upset.
This is what people wish to see happen in the Muslim community when we find out that certain leaders and countries are condoning and funding terrorist organizations like Hamas and Al Queda.

Wait, who are these leaders? And what makes them representatives of the Muslim world?

It’s not ‘answering for terrorists’. It’s disassociation with them, and public disapproval of them, and it’s something that I’d like to see more of.

Look for it and you’ll find it.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.