Radical Depopulation Of The Earth - The Solution To Mankind's Problems?

I am amazed by how many people I talk to and how many posts I see on the forums these days that agree with the “need” to reduce the population.

It seems like everyone is going crazy! I see calls for a “one child policy”, calls for making large families an “eco-crime” and calls for eliminating 90 percent of the earth’s population all over the internet.

It seems as though more and more people are buying into the propaganda of the New World Order. Look at what the following article is saying about this situation:

Radical Depopulation Of The Earth - The Solution To Mankind’s Problems?

Today the call for depopulating the earth has grown louder than ever. College professors are given standing ovations by their students when they call for a 90 percent reduction in the human population of the earth. Ted Turner states “A total population of 250-300 million people, a 95% decline from present levels, would be ideal”, and the global elite applaud him. The Georgia Guidestones which call for us to “maintain humanity under 500,000,000 in perpetual balance with nature” are quoted more and more with approval by our leaders.

What is this world coming to?

It seems as though for the global elite, every major crisis these days is an opportunity to further one of the key pillars of their agenda:

Less people.

Problem: Gas costs too much and we are faced with “global warming”.

Answer: Get rid of a whole bunch of people and we will use less gas and we will produce less “greenhouse gases”.

Problem: Medical costs are increasing.

Answer: Get rid of a whole bunch of people and kill off the elderly and we will have fewer medical costs.

Now Prince Philip, the Duke of Edinburgh, has the perfect solution for the “food crisis”:

Get rid of a whole bunch of people…

Interesting - I wonder where these roaming hordes of apocryphals tend to hang out? You know, people like the atheists, gays, feminists or whatever that posters report bumping into who are forever snarling about mothers of 18 (or whatever), or the environmentalists determined to eliminate us all . . . .

Why is it that after having spent more than a decade visiting internet discussion boards, these masses of sociopathic apocryphals seem just as invisible as ever - other than as internet links to the slightly (or more than slightly) bonkers.

Perhaps some of the people who are calling for the population reduction, like Ted Turner, should volunteer to help by eliminating themselves. Just kidding but I wonder how many of them are willing to die just to reduce the population.:confused:

I was thinking the same thing. :rolleyes:

None.

Liberal like making rules for others that they do not have to follow. This is just another facet of Secular Relativism and why it needs to be eliminated from being an influence.

Notice how Sapin cries over population in third wrold countries and the need to provide poorer nations with contraceptives and abortion on demand, while on the other hand give out the biggest payout of any natioin in the world for a Spanish woman to give birth.

The story is always the same; MY world is overpopulated because THEY are too many.

As much as I would hate to agree with you (because Spain is very important to me), I have to. Such a hypocrisy almost screams injustice.

They do not want to kill anyone… at least decelerating population growth is feasible and does not require killing. THe aforementioned goal stated in this thread seems to be too low.

This is a Catholic forum and in our religion abortion and birth control are the equivalent of killing, how do you propose the birth rate be lowered. By the way the earth can support many more people that are now living.

I was thinking the same thing, too!

If they all went to a meeting on how to reduce population…

Topic of today’s seminar: “Save the world! Kill yourself!”

It would be a low-attendence event for sure.

:smiley:

Seriously, such a program would have to involve killing of large numbers of people -both in the womb and the elderly.
In order to implement such a program, presumably you would have to establish a world wide one or two child quota- with some sort of compulsory birth control ,abortion and sterilization, or strongly discourage people from having children in other ways-taxation, ect.
Then eventually there would be a large number of elderly with no younger generation to support them- so wouldn’t their numbers have to be reduced as well? Euthanasia? At least for those who can no longer care for themselves or be productive?

We just need countries to make the demographic transition. Nothing really dramatic is necessary.

You know why your not making any headway, don’t you? It’s because you’re being logical and making sense (i.e., not making fun of folks you don’t agree with, not using rash generalizations, not putting words in others’ mouths, etc). :wink:

What exactly is a ‘demographic transition’? As I said before birth control and abortion are in the Catholic Church’s teaching a mortal sin.

World Populations are expected to top out between 9 and 11 Billion, a number the world can EASILY support…and then begin to decline.

What is the Church’s policy regarding voluntary human extinction? VHEMT has some pretty good responses to ill-thought reasons for having more children.

Well, considering VHEMT is pro-contraception, pro-abortion, and pretty much seeks the elimination of the human race, what do YOU think the Church’s policy is?!

“ill-thought reasons for having more children” … :confused:

Which child would you give back?

There is so much wrong with the VHEMT web site I don’t even know where to begin.:mad:

It doesn;t talk about giving children back…it is more about not creating them in the first place. And yeah they are a little nuts and I disagree with their mission…but I do think they make a lot of good points…

By giving a child back, I meant by ‘which one(s) would have not chosen to have’.

I do not see one good point on their website, other than maybe offering the adoption option. However, the rest? Garbage.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.