Radical Environmentalism: Now Global Warming Causes Prostitution?

Please see Wesley J. Smith’s “First Things” article:
firstthings.com/blogs/secondhandsmoke/2009/11/21/radical-environmentalism-now-global-warming-causes-prostitution/comment-page-1/#comment-4474
From the article he quotes:

The effects of climate change have driven women in communities in coastal areas in poor countries like the Philippines into dangerous work, and sometimes even the flesh trade, a United Nations official said.

Mr. Smith’s comment, in part:

You can’t make this stuff up–unless you are a global warming hysteric. But then, I have concluded that one of the purposes of the agenda–beyond radical wealth redistribution and the institution of unaccountable global governance–is to set in motion perpetual growth of the international the bureaucracy sector. To do that, you need horror stories, the wilder the better.

Do you think I exaggerate? Check out the proposed agenda mentioned in the story to care for the global warming-caused problems of the poor:

The UNFPA suggested five measures to mitigate climate change and overpopulation:
    * Bring a better understanding of population dynamics, gender and reproductive health to climate change and environmental discussions at all levels;
    * Fully fund family planning services and contraceptive supplies within the framework of reproductive health and rights, and assure that low income is no barrier to access;
    * Prioritize research and date collection to improve the understanding of gender and population dynamics in climate change mitigation and adaptation;
    * Improve sex-disaggregation of date related to migration flows that are influenced by environmental factors and prepare now for increases in population movements resulting from climate change; and
    * Integrate gender considerations into global efforts to mitigate and adapt to climate change

I do wish we had just stuck to all pollution problems and not been side-tracked by MMGW.
:mad:

AMEN

It gets better!

Wesley J. Smith dug this up too:

**Too Much Sex Causes Global Warming! “Take Cold Showers,” Scientist Advises
Posted: 20 Apr 2009 07:02 PM PDT
A famous global warming scientist issued an alarming study today finding that too much sex is a major cause of global warming. “All that heavy breathing releases tons of carbon dioxide into the atmosphere,” Dr, Raymond Sunburn, the head of the Aspen/Davos Collective’s think tank, Keep Earth Cool, said today. Sunburn, who earned the world’s first Ph.D. in biospheric computer modeling studies, added, “Our computer models show that if people don’t reduce their rate of intercourse and heavy petting to, at most, once a month, the polar bears will become extinct by 2050.”

When asked what people should do who get “pent up,” the ironically named Dr. Sunburn said, “Take a cold shower. In that way, you both avoid using more than your fair share of exhales and you save the earth by heating less water. There’s no question about it. Adopting a monastic lifestyle is good for the planet.”

That yarn could get me an anti-global warming government study grant. Besides, it is about as sensible as the real scientists who claim that fat people are endangering the planet. From the story:

*Scientists warned that the increase in big-eaters means more food production--a major cause of CO2 gas emissions warming the planet. Overweight people are also more likely to drive, adding to environmental damage. Dr Phil Edwards, of the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, said: "Moving about in a heavy body is like driving in a gas guzzler." Each fat person is said to be responsible for emitting a tonne more of climate-warming carbon dioxide per year than a thin one.* 

Hiyas:)

Let's see.........290 million, or so, cold showers a day... MORE maybe even 2 times a day ]:D

Does what to the worlds water supply?

Insanity never equates to science.

“The effects of climate change have driven women in communities in coastal areas in poor countries like the Philippines into dangerous work, and sometimes even the flesh trade, a United Nations official said.”

Soooo…can this be used now as a defense?

I mean, “Honest your Honor I didn’t mean to be a Ho…It’s climate change AND because it will always be with us…”

“**Too Much Sex Causes Global Warming! “Take Cold Showers,” Scientist Advises **”

O’Kay…Someone HAS TO ASK IT:

IF Too much sex causes Global Warming…Doesn’t Too Little sex cause ICE AGE.???:slight_smile:

What can we expect as more turn from God He lets them follow their base nature…Hey, that reminds me of a scripture verse…

Here’s how it works. AGW (which we, mainly the rich and profligate, are causing) exacerbates & makes more likely various problems in various places – crop decline, floods, droughts, disease spread, more intense storms, seafood decline, and so on – these can increase poverty or throw people into poverty (as well as kill them), and it is the poverty that can impact women and make it more likely for them to go into prostitution, just to stay alive and/or help their kids live.

Those emitting more GHGs should probably be helping those affected by such problems. It is their negative, first order rights to life, and our obligation not to kill or cause loss of livelihood. We MUST help them. Not to do so is a sin of commission.

We MUST also reduce our GHG emissions. The Bible tells us “thou shalt not kill.” Also the Holy Fathers have admonished us for over 20 years to mitigate global warming. This is not a charitable option. We MUST do this, whether the government passes laws/regs or not (right now it’s blocking us in many ways).

Luckily it can be done in ways that save money and do not lower one’s living standards or productivity. My husband and I have reduced our GHG emissions by over 60% cost effectively, while even increasing our living standard.

Seek ye first the kingdom of God, and all will be added unto you.

Be not afraid to do the right thing, even if your friends mock you and falsely accuse you of all sort of bad things. Be strong. Stand with Jesus.

Actually, There is no proof of AGW…I have more proof that it’s actually GGW GodDriven Global Warming ]

[quote="kimmielittle, post:8, topic:177246"]
Actually, There is no proof of AGW...I have more proof that it's actually GGW GodDriven Global Warming ]

[/quote]

Eh?
Hey, if it is repeated often enough it becomes 'common knowledge'.
I know that mankind is causing global warming -- they say so on the TV all the time!

Only if the women are frigid. :wink:

Somebody needs to collect these “global warming” scientists and lock them up----I don’t think they ought to be running around loose.

Here’s more.

telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/2274995/Cow-farts-collected-in-plastic-tank-for-global-warming-study.html

You guys are killers:D:D:D

More links please

By special request.

thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/news/2327847/EU-considers-tax-on-cows-farts.html

But see, you’re assuming the first three necessary premises of your statement:

1. That there really is MMGW. That’s in dispute.
  2. That GW, whatever its cause, is really a trend rather than a variation. That’s very much in dispute.
  3. That GW, whatever its cause, does terrible things. That’s also in dispute.

Oh Brother, you two…

What about livestock? Do breeding animals add to Global Warming?

Would (could) the defense of a Prostitute be: Your Honor, I was soooo hot from Global Warming-I became a Prostitute, and added to the problem? A Catch 22?
But it wasn’t my fault? (You know they like that one—where nothing is anyone’s fault, especially actions!)

Back to the beginning—I’ve known couples, when they first marry, who put a quarter in a jar every time, then take a vacation with it (wheee!) Should they save it and now pay it to Algore?

How about, like Logan’s Run, each person is killed on their 21st birthday?
I take that back…

God Bless.
+Peace In Christ.
Love, Dawn

Oh yes!!! I’ve been told so in school - and they burp too.

I quess we can all do our part and take a cold shower with a cow.:smiley:

Would (could) the defense of a Prostitute be: Your Honor, I was soooo hot from Global Warming-I became a Prostitute, and added to the problem? A Catch 22?
But it wasn’t my fault? (You know they like that one—where nothing is anyone’s fault, especially actions!)

:D:D

Back to the beginning—I’ve known couples, when they first marry, who put a quarter in a jar every time, then take a vacation with it (wheee!) Should they save it and now pay it to Algore?

IMHO Mr. Gore needs to apologize for making me watch his movie in public school, as if it was truthful science.

[quote="Santi2, post:13, topic:177246"]
By special request.

thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/news/2327847/EU-considers-tax-on-cows-farts.html

[/quote]

Oh oh...I think my Big Brother might be profiled into paying a burp tax:D:D

More more please:)

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Wait now, are those inconvenient truths:D:D

I’ve been studying the science very closely for over 20 years. I did see programs on GW in the late 80s & I contacted the scientists and started reading their studies. I’ve also been following the denialist campaign and have found it to be highly bogus.

I would suggest you contact the scientists directly and express your doubts and ask for clarification. You can get in contact with many of them at www.realclimate.org . Also James Hansen has a webpage off of Columbia University, thru which you can contact him.

These are very gracious, helpful people. I know their message is horrific and we are tempted to bury our heads in the sand, but Pascal (good Catholic & father of statistics) offers us laypersons a way to decide (look up Pascal’s wager on Wiki).

THE FALSE POSITIVE: If anthropogenic global warming (AGW) is not happening, and we mitigate assuming it is, we will save lots of money and mitigate many problems (environmental and nonenvironmental) through energy/resource efficiency/conservation and alt energy. My husband and I have reduced greatly, saving money, without lowering living standards.

THE FALSE NEGATIVE: If AGW is happening and we fail to mitigate, assuming it is not happening, we will not only lose the savings and miss solving the problems mentioned above, but worst case we will end all life on planet earth thru tipping the climate into runaway warming, and best case we will tip it into climate hysteresis that could last over 100,000 years and kill off more than 75% of life on earth, including all or most of humanity (as happened during the end-Permian great warming and extinction when 95% of life died, tho triggered by natural causes and over a much longer time-scale).

I would hope you people here would at least mitigate climate change in ways that save you money, are cost-effective, and help solve other problems, even if you are unsure about the validity of AGW.

Also if natural causes are causing GW, then that means we have to reduce our GHGs all the more to offset the harm nature is causing and keep the climate viable for the bulk of life on earth. The physics re GHGs causing warming, and the natural GH effect have been known for over 100 years.

May God have mercy on our souls.

I've got a radical idea -- let's put our time, energy and money into fighting ALL forms of pollution rather than concentrating (far too much in my mind) on AGW!!
While we're at it, I've heard that there are some places that do not have quite enough drinking water. We could spend more effort attacking that problem.
"We" have gotten too caught up in one cause. Let's fight all pollution and take care of ALL of God's creation.

As we said in the 60s -- make love, not pollution. (Or something like that.)

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.