Radio DJs Admit Birthday Invitatioin Hoax

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2560305/Radio-DJs-spark-outrage-reveal-story-homophobic-response-7-year-old-girls-birthday-invitation-hoax.html

Someone asked for a source in the thread that was closed

T’was I. Thanks! :slight_smile:

And in case anyone doubts this source, an apology letter has been posted on the radio station’s website. This, in the wake of the hoax committed by the waitress who falsified an anti-gay comment on a restaurant check. Perhaps the media needs to start taking a more measured approach to such claims.

Could this be considered hate speech?

Peace

Tim

Would this be considered hate propaganda toward homosexuals?
Because those were the hateful words we saw, in that letter.

Most well-trained reporters would have tried to get the parents of both sides on the phone to confirm it and get quotes before publishing this story. I wonder what happened when people tried the phone number in the letter.

Why did they do it?

Somebody in the comments section on the Daily Mail noted the receipt incident.

Dayna Morales, 22, a former Marine, first complained about the alleged incident on a “Have a Gay Day” Facebook page, posting a photo of a receipt that read, “I’m sorry but I cannot tip because I do not agree with your lifestyle and how you live your life.”

whnt.com/2013/12/09/gay-waitress-loses-job-over-alleged-fake-receipt

It was alleged to be fake too.

There have also been a number of faked hate crimes against homosexuals. There are probably gentuione hate crimes against homosexuakls, but I don’t why every so often you hear of faked hate, dislike against homosexuals.

Somebody in the comments section on the Daily Mail noted the receipt incident.

Dayna Morales, 22, a former Marine, first complained about the alleged incident on a “Have a Gay Day” Facebook page, posting a photo of a receipt that read, “I’m sorry but I cannot tip because I do not agree with your lifestyle and how you live your life.”

whnt.com/2013/12/09/gay-waitress-loses-job-over-alleged-fake-receipt

It was alleged to be fake too.

There have also been a number of faked hate crimes against homosexuals. There are probably genuine hate crimes against homosexuals, but every so often you hear of faked hate, dislike against homosexuals

There have been a number of faked hate crimes against homosexuals by various people. The birthday invitation reply may have not been a hate crime as it was not violent. There are probably genuine hate crimes against homosexuals, but every so often you hear of faked hate, dislike against homosexuals.

That is my point, except that those who perpetrated the hoax seem to have wanted to stir up hate against “homophobes”.

Most well-trained reporters would have tried to get the parents of both sides on the phone to confirm it and get quotes before publishing this story. I wonder what happened when people tried the phone number in the letter.

They didn’t need to do that because they believe that something like that is likely to happen. Why check when you know it is true?

Their bias was shining bright.

Peace

Tim

When I first read this story I sensed something was amiss. There is no need for anyone to create ‘fake homophobia’ when there is already so much of it in society.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.