Rainbow Thoughts.

I don’t think any of you are the “Bless’d Virgin”. So I’m going to assume that you are sexual beings; and I am positive in my assumption.

It is natural for sexual beings to explore their sexuality, most definitely. My question to you, have you ever had a homosexual thought during that lifetime of sexuality? Have you ever questioned whether you were gay? Have you ever looked at a big buff dude, who was cut in his muscles and found it appealing in any way–that is a homosexual thought.

Have you as a Christian committed the Homosexual sin?

I’ll be honest, I have.

This is a strange opening. Are you trying to get testimonials?

Why is it natural for us to explore our sexuality? And what do you mean by "explore?" If, by explore, you mean to realize just how beautiful the mystery of sexuality created by God is, then all well and good, but if you mean it the other way, what purpose are you moving toward?

[quote="Sacred_Heart, post:1, topic:305024"]
...Have you ever looked at a big buff dude, who was cut in his muscles and found it appealing in any way...

[/quote]

Yes, I have. I freely admit that.

Of course, that big dude with buff legs and arms was my husband. He is still big, not as buff and he is losing his hair, but I still find him very appealing these decades and three children later. :D

[quote="swizzlestick, post:3, topic:305024"]
yes, i have. I freely admit that.

Of course, that big dude with buff legs and arms was my husband. He is still big, not as buff and he is losing his hair, but i still find him very appealing these decades and three children later. :d

[/quote]

:D:D

This thread may help you out as far as figuring out answers to your questions regarding motive of the OP.

Moral Beginnings.
forums.catholic.com/showthread.php?t=726091

[quote="SwizzleStick, post:5, topic:305024"]
This thread may help you out as far as figuring out answers to your questions regarding motive of the OP.

Moral Beginnings.
forums.catholic.com/showthread.php?t=726091

[/quote]

Thanks.

(2 mins later) Looks like Sacred Heart is trying to convince people that homosexuality isn't wrong.

You are welcome. I thought that might help you and others who might see this thread.

Have I admired another man's physique? Yes, many times.

Have I lusted after another man? No, men do not appeal to me in that way.

That is the difference. The problem with homosexuality is that it takes a normal drive and perverts it to desire what it is not designed for.

[quote="Glomung, post:8, topic:305024"]
Have I admired another man's physique? Yes, many times.

Have I lusted after another man? No, men do not appeal to me in that way.

That is the difference. The problem with homosexuality is that it takes a normal drive and perverts it to desire what it is not designed for.

[/quote]

Exactly.

To admire the perfection of the human body--in form, movement or both-- is not the same as to sexually desire that body.

If it were, people would need to go to confession after watching the Olympics.

We are physical even before being sexual, and these attributes are not one and the same.

ICXC NIKA

I tried to, just to see if anyone can really change their sexual orientation.

NO. i just find it impossible to get attracted to a fellow dude. :shrug:

Personally I never have. When I was young I was often tempted by the heterosexual sin and, sadly, often gave into it. But I'm a hetro-sinner.

Why do you ask?

God bless

If someone becomes sexual then that naturally progresses into a sexual identity and sexual experience. Someone isn’t sexual and then has no sexual experience. The sexual experience (not the precise act); but the sexuality is gained through time and space, through life. You experience your first kiss–that is an exploration of sexuality. You have thoughts about sex–that is an exploration of sexuality. Anything that has to do with your sexuality is an exploration. You continually explore, trying to feel the emotions you want to feel and experience you want to experience. And its not all about sexual intercourse.

My purpose is is to hear your denials that you have homosexual thoughts through your sexual experience. If I can make you see that your guilty of homosexuality as well as a homosexual himself then maybe you won’t hate homosexuals at all. Don’t tell me you don’t hate homosexuals because you all think they are filthy sinners but you too are guilty of homosexual thoughts throughout your life.

[quote="SwizzleStick, post:3, topic:305024"]
Yes, I have. I freely admit that.

Of course, that big dude with buff legs and arms was my husband. He is still big, not as buff and he is losing his hair, but I still find him very appealing these decades and three children later. :D

[/quote]

O a woman. I know women. They're always sizing eachother up. Looking at eachothers hair, face, breasts, butt, legs, bodies. Ever find a woman attractive? I know you have. There's your homosexual thought. You've probably and most likely had other homosexual thoughts besides those thoughts but have repressed them due to your homophobic behavior.

Finding the same sex attractive is homosexual.

No I’m here to prove your homosexual tendencies. So you can most likely repress your homosexuality, however, it is in your sexual nature to have such thoughts. That makes you as homosexual as a homosexual. You just inhibit parts of your sexuality and bring out other parts based societal pressure. Its natural to be attracted to the same sex, to varying degrees, which places you not far from a homosexual.

If you are homosexual for a brief moment then you have committed the same sin that a homosexual has committed in their lifetime. So you’re guilty, yet, you condemn a homosexual when you should be condemned yourself.

[quote="dshix, post:6, topic:305024"]
Thanks.

(2 mins later) Looks like Sacred Heart is trying to convince people that homosexuality isn't wrong.

[/quote]

I'm not trying to convince homosexuality isn't wrong. I was saying that both homosexuality and heterosexuality is a sin due to the lust shared between the two. If both are a sin and one is permitted then why not the other?

Chastity and homosexuality

2357 Homosexuality refers to relations between men or between women who experience an exclusive or predominant sexual attraction toward persons of the same sex. It has taken a great variety of forms through the centuries and in different cultures. Its psychological genesis remains largely unexplained. Basing itself on Sacred Scripture, which presents homosexual acts as acts of grave depravity,141 tradition has always declared that "homosexual acts are intrinsically disordered."142 They are contrary to the natural law. They close the sexual act to the gift of life. They do not proceed from a genuine affective and sexual complementarity. Under no circumstances can they be approved.

2358 The number of men and women who have deep-seated homosexual tendencies is not negligible. This inclination, which is objectively disordered, constitutes for most of them a trial. They must be accepted with respect, compassion, and sensitivity. Every sign of unjust discrimination in their regard should be avoided. These persons are called to fulfill God's will in their lives and, if they are Christians, to unite to the sacrifice of the Lord's Cross the difficulties they may encounter from their condition.

2359 Homosexual persons are called to chastity. By the virtues of self-mastery that teach them inner freedom, at times by the support of disinterested friendship, by prayer and sacramental grace, they can and should gradually and resolutely approach Christian perfection.

vatican.va/archive/ccc_css/archive/catechism/p3s2c2a6.htm

Correct me if I'm wrong. But after reading the above from the CCC, it isn't the "thought," but the "act" that is sinful. The thoughts are "disordered" or not following God's Natural Law.

That's why, "They must be accepted with respect, compassion, and sensitivity. Every sign of unjust discrimination in their regard should be avoided. These persons are called to fulfill God's will in their lives and, if they are Christians, to unite to the sacrifice of the Lord's Cross the difficulties they may encounter from their condition."

They are fighting the thoughts to keep them from committing a sinful act. Right?

[quote="SwizzleStick, post:7, topic:305024"]
You are welcome. I thought that might help you and others who might see this thread.

[/quote]

You should read the thread throughout before you jump to conclusions because you're both wrong.

Finding another man attractive, if you are a man, is homosexual. Why find the man attractive at all? If you were pure heterosexual then why would you do that? I’ll tell you why, because of concupiscence. It is present within your sexuality. You may not think it is lust after a man but it sure ain’t something pure. You have homosexual thoughts and since you are uncomfortable with that notion you will deny it completely.

[quote="GEddie, post:10, topic:305024"]
To admire the perfection of the human body--in form, movement or both-- is not the same as to sexually desire that body.

If it were, people would need to go to confession after watching the Olympics.

We are physical even before being sexual, and these attributes are not one and the same.

ICXC NIKA

[/quote]

Does Jesus admire the human body? Or does Jesus look upon the human body from a divine nature? So he probably isn't going O look at his rippling biceps, right? So you think that their is something intellectual and pure about "admiring" a great physique? No, concupiscence couldn't possibly have anything to do with your desire of ripped abs and huge biceps?

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.