Ramadhan blessings

“The month of Ramadan is the one in which the Qur’an was sent down, a guidance for mankind, clear proofs for the guidance, the Criterion; so whoever amongst you witnesses this month, let him fast it.” (cf. Surah al-Baqarah 2:185)

The holy month of Ramadhan is just one week away.

In this blessed month, Muslims will fast and spend a great deal of time in prayers and reciting the Qur’an.

I wish to invite everyone here to also spend a bit of time during this coming month of Ramadhan to learn about the Qur’an.

You can download a free copy of the Qur’an in pdf format here.

And for those who may be interested in actually listening to the recitation of the Qur’an in it’s original language, here is a freeware program which offers a simultaneous English translation of the Qur’an to read while listening to the Arabic recitation.

If you listen to the recitation of the Qur’an in it’s original language, perhaps you might then discover why it has such a great emotional impact on those who believe.

And it offers all 3 i.e. Pickthal, Yusuf Ali and Shakir English translations to choose from.

After you have installed the program on your computer, you then need to download the MP3 audio files.

For all who are keen to learn the Qur’an, I highly recommend that you click on all 3 links above to download these fabulous free programs.

Hey you are that muslim that freaked out like an islamic terrorist last week, right? Feeling better now?

Blessings and peace be with you during the month of Ramadan;

Eric

Blessings and peace to you.

Peace be with you in the Holy Month.

Some Friends of the Meeting I attend are participating with some of their Muslim friends in the fast.

They did so last year and felt it enriched their spiritual lives.

Completely different poster.

oops sorry. :o

peace to you too, hamba2han

Ramadhan blessings

I wonder if I should try a (perhaps slightly modified) Ramadan fast this year.

I know you fast between sunrise and sunset, how is the time of sunrise and sunset determined? Is it just between the official times of sunrise and sunset?

I heave heard that sunrise and sunset, traditionally, are determined by whether one can tell a white thread from a black thread, held together.

And yes, peace upon us all!

Have a blessed Ramadan.

Blessings and best wishes to everyone in this month of Ramadan.

As we fast and do some self-reflection in the safety and comfort of our homes and communities lets not forget the many poor people around the world who do not have the basic provisions of food, shelter, and safety. Our prayers are with them.

Happy Ramadan and many blessings.

Why are you performing the practices of a heretical religion if you are Catholic? Since islam is not from God it is from Satan. Would not performing the rituals of islam lead to sin?

^^^^^ ^^^^^ ^^^^^
Agree. Don’t do the fast. Do something like a novena to enrich your spirituality. Cleave to Jesus and have nothing to do with a religion that denies his most glorious crucifiction and ressurection.

You seem to be confused as to what religion you wish to practice/observe:p

In LilyM’s defense, I dont think she would intend doing the actual ramadam fast so to speak.
It does require for us catholics to fast as well, so I think she will do it moreso for her catholic wellbeing.
:thumbsup:

May God grant all of our Muslim neighbors a spiritually fruitful fast–and the best spiritual fruit they can receive is the faith and courage to renounce error and turn to the REAL Jesus Christ and His Church.

Jesus also fasted and prayed for forty days - fasting and prayer are not at all unique to Islam and certainly not satanic nor sinful. They drive OUT devils, remember? Jesus said so himself.

They’re good things to do at any time, this is just a spur to me to do so, just as Lent is. And I suppose I could offer it for the conversion of our Muslim brothers if that would appease you :wink:

I certainly don’t intend to pray the prayers of Islam or perform any ‘rituals’ of Islam, whatever those may be. You make it sound like they dance around naked under the full moon or something!

Everything I do is strictly in keeping with my Catholicism, thank you very much - this would be no different.

Ive got a couple of questions about this ramadam fasting.

1. Does everyone have to do it, including the elderly?
  2. What about if a woman is pregnant, does she have to do it?

Fasting’s not the issue. It’s why you’re fasting.

Sure, but take in the point that Jesus prayed, but he didn’t before idols. So ‘prayer’ wouldn’t be an issue, as such, it’s why you’re doing it.

That’s cool.

How would ‘Ramadam fasting’ be in keeping with Catholicsm?

If you fast - during Ramadam, that’s Catholic. If you fast BECAUSE of Ramadam, that’s not Catholic.

You need to be a bit more precise with what it is you’re doing, and why.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.