Random Question

This has no bearing on me as a non catholic but as a catholic can you guys attend different parishes and receive the Eucharist or can you only receive in your own parish?

I travel extensively and have participated in many masses throughout the U.S. and Canada.

Peace

We can and do attend Mass (and receive Eucharist) at any catholic church in the world where we happen to be. We are in fact obligated to on sundays and other certain days.

Like the song says…

“We are one body, one body in Christ, and we do not stand alone”

I’ve been as far away as Egypt and Israel, The Vatican and in Catholic churches so small they only held 12 parishioners… They are all home to me when I’m there at Mass, united with my brothers and sisters, all because of the Eucharist. The Eucharist is the unifiying sacrament.

Pax Christi!

We are supposed to attend and support our local parish, but we can visit any Catholic church, including for Mass and communion and confession.

God bless.

I’m British but spend lots of time in Italy - today I attended Mass with my trusty Italian/English Mass translation as usual. But unlike when I’m in England, the priest came outside after Mass with Holy Water and blessed the cars of villagers, something done every year for St Rita of Cascia’s feast day. It was amazing to see a line of cars wend its way from the little car park, past the ancient church to where the priest was standing and then drive in file down the steep, cobbled hill. Some of them had flowers on the dashboards, it was great.

That is the joy of attending Mass in other countries. :slight_smile:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.