Random Thoughts

A thread to put random thoughts or musings that don’t really warrant their own thread.

I wonder how people eat food prepared at gas stations. I don’t think I could. :nauseated_face:

Its almost our Winter solstice!:smiley: Days will soon be growing longer.
Driving through streets yesterday thinking how here in
the State of Victoria we have flowers al year round,I will prune roses next month but many are still flowering.Camellias,Azelias,Rhododendrons,jonquils,Winter Gladiolus amoungst many other plants are flowering through Winter.
The second month of Winter wild cootamundra wattles will be a show of gold.

We have done it.

Some of these places have their own bakeries/kitchens, and the food is really good, and the prices are very reasonable, because there isn’t any middleman.

We’ve had really great pizzas for example, and we’ve bought really good fresh bakery items for breakfast and for my husband to take to work for his lunch. :slightly_smiling_face:

One of our regional convenience stores that sells these items also sells really fresh produce at great prices, too.

My random thought…

Sometimes I wonder what our pets are thinking…

Especially my kitty…

Does she just think, Eat and sleep and pet me and feed me, basically?

Or, is it more than that? :grin:

Good to know! I never really checked it out, so maybe I should have withheld judgement! :slight_smile:

I think that many of these convenience stores are like mini-supermarkets now. :slightly_smiling_face:

They have really nice coffee bars where you can choose what kind of a coffee flavor you want to have/mix for yourself, and my husband says you can get a really nice-sized coffee, too.

I’m not a coffee drinker myself, but I have been with him to go in and get a soda, for example.

You can bring in your own coffee travel mug for example, and refill your own cup for a dollar and change.

Thermionic devices with higher filament temperatures provide copious amounts of electrons. This, in turn provides a cooling cushion of electrons around the virtual cathode, leading to lower noise in the thermionic device.

This means a hotter device is actually cooler, so long as you have excess electrons.

(How 'bout that for a random thought?)

Sorry, Stephie, would you mind saying that again? My mind started wandering halfway through your explanation. I promise to pay closer attention next time!

Well, because of the Work Function, you need to heat the cathode up in order to emit electrons. But electronic noise is proportional to (absolute) temperature. But, an excess of emitted electrons (more than you need for a specific current flow) provides a cushion for the electrons. In effect, the excess electron emission is “cooled”.

Thus the hotter you make the emitting surface, the cooler the virtual cathode becomes, and the quieter the thermionic device becomes.

Thank you, Stephie, that’s perfectly clear now!

[Thinks]
[What on earth was all that about?]

Well, this IS a random thought thread. :wink:

I’m not sure I buy into that whole “electron theory” :angry:.

Which of the following is your favourite particle?

• Proton
  • Neutron
  • Electron
  • Neutrino
  • Photon
  • Muon

0 voters

Surprisingly, in this case, it’s actually accurate. Very counterintuitive, until you can picture electron flow in a vacuum surrounded by various E Fields. Part of how vacuum tubes (valves, to the British) work.

Hey, there’s no entry for the infamous dust particle.

I like photons best because it is a particle. No wait a wave. Maybe a particle. Perhaps a wave instead. Actually it is a particle. But a wave.

Why am i so perfect?

For some reason i like beginning sentences with something like “look pal!” or “listen Pal!”. And i have no idea why.

When i have punished someone with my overly powered intellect, my favorite thing to say when they are begging for mercy is learn!!!.

This will work! :grin: :wink:

I like this thought! Why didn’t I think of it first?! :wink:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.