Rapture

Could any of the non-Catholics here tell me if they believe in an end-times scenario similar to the Left Behind series. If so why?

No, I don’t…it’s simply not Biblical. What I do believe is that our Lord and Savior said he would return. I am what is called post-trib.

Gracie

Yea, thats what I thought. Christ comes two times, not three.

No I don’t believe in this at all. It’s a protestant manufactured belief that has no basis.

[quote=JackmanUSC]Could any of the non-Catholics here tell me if they believe in an end-times scenario similar to the Left Behind series. If so why?
[/quote]

I believe in the Pretirb. rapture doctrine, but not because of the “Left Behind” book series. In fact, I’ve never read them. But I have studied BIBLICAL eschatology and am thoroughly convinced of this most trustworthy doctrine.

[quote=Stone]I believe in the Pretirb. rapture doctrine, but not because of the “Left Behind” book series. In fact, I’ve never read them. But I have studied BIBLICAL eschatology and am thoroughly convinced of this most trustworthy doctrine.
[/quote]

What are the Scripture passages that point to this? (haha, I feel like I’m the Protestant and you’re the Catholic with this question:D )

[quote=Genesis315]What are the Scripture passages that point to this? (haha, I feel like I’m the Protestant and you’re the Catholic with this question:D )
[/quote]

It’s a matter of understanding the O.T. prophecies regarding national Israel, the 70 Weeks of Daniel, the Day of the Lord and the difference between national Israel and the Church Christ has been building since Pentecost. Like I said, one must study the prophetic writings to understand Biblical prophecy. Not just accept or reject because your church does.

[quote=Stone]It’s a matter of understanding the O.T. prophecies regarding national Israel, the 70 Weeks of Daniel, the Day of the Lord and the difference between national Israel and the Church Christ has been building since Pentecost. Like I said, one must study the prophetic writings to understand Biblical prophecy. Not just accept or reject because your church does.
[/quote]

How come the Rapture isn’t mentioned until the 1800s (possibly the 1700s)?

The fact is that this doctrine didn’t come into existence until the Schofield Reference Bible came over from England.

Personally I think it’s a warm fuzzy cop out doctrine that people buy into because they are afraid of the devil and of the persecutions that are coming. I believe Jesus when He says that He will be with us always and all His other assurances about enduring persecutions. I’m not scared…I know in whom I have believed…
Pax vobiscum,

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.