Rapture

I hope no one takes offense at this. But I just read an article that sums up my feelings about the Rapture.

jacksonvilleprogress.com/local/local_story_100170558.html

:thumbsup:

Dr. Brunson founded and has pastored the First Baptist Church of Parker, Texas, since 1987.

For someone who founded a church in the late 1900’s what else can you expect?

Most new religious groups try to attack the rest who have been standing still for a long time… I think I just wasted my time reading that article. As soon as I saw the 1987 big red lights came on…

I find this Rapture theology fascinating because its so bizarre.

I hope this pastor gets the word out to Rapture believers.

I could go on and on about Rapture stuff, but its been beat to death on here.

Exactly backwards,” says Jacksonville native and Dallas area pastor Dr. Harold Brunson, Jr.

“Christians, not non-Christians, will be ‘left behind’ at the second coming of Christ. The idea of a secret rapture of the church is just a myth, created about 175 years ago by the British theologian Jon Nelson Darby and popularized in America by the Scofield Bible. Before then, the orthodox church knew nothing of such an absurd idea. But now many, perhaps most conservative Christians have mistakenly embraced that myth.”

Here is something I wrote about a Dream I had…

If Jesus comes right now? Well there is going to be a whole lot of disappointed people. I had a strange dream 2 weeks before christmas day. It was too real, it was in color as well. Jesus came back and took the dead in christ. The Earth started to shake and I fell to the floor of where I was. I looked out the window and saw tornado like vortexes but they caused no damage. Unidentifiable forms left the vortexes and went everywhere at once. I knew at once that this was the Rapture that I had been taught as a child. I started to pray fervently and my boss did so as well for Jesus to take us. The suddenly people I was working with started to disassociate atom by atom( I told this part to someone else before, they claim I got that part from the X-men, I told them I had not seen the new X-men movie yet) And when they were total disassociated into individual atoms, the atoms went out windows and doors. And then it was all over. I was left behind. I was in shock. I started an inventory of all my co-workers. None of the very pious Christians were taken. They were left behind as I was. Then it hit me like a mack truck. Al the sinners who had no hope of salvation were the ones taken. It became like a graph in my mind. 4 groups of people were represented:

Group 1 - Very Pious - Closest thing to a saint possible.
Group 2 - Christian - but on the borderline of being a sinner.
Group 3 - Sinner - but have a success of gaining salvation.
Group 4 - Sinner - no hope for Salvation because of their mind set or some other factor.

I realized that just like in the days of Noah, the sinners were taken out and the Good or potentially good were left behind. God knew that those outside Noah’s family had no hope for Salvation.

I ran outside the building to confirm what had been revealed. I saw a couple sitting on the steps of the courthouse. They were in complete shock. I asked them if they were God Fearing Christians. They said yes. I said you have been saved from Hell for the time being. Everyone that was taken was in Hell now.

Then it donged on me, when the Scripture said that the "Dead in Christ’ actuall meant “Dead TO Christ” those that have no chance for salvation.

Strange Dream. One that has shaken me to the core of my being.

And that is the short version of the dream…

Did you read the article? What he is saying is what the Church teaches there is no rapture, that it is a myth.

Or did I miss read it?

NO, he missed it.

Here’s the “Rapture”:

Toe to toe
Dancing very slow
Barely breathing
Almost comatose
Wall to wall
People hypnotised
And they’re stepping lightly
Hang each night in Rapture

Back to back
Sacrailiac
Spineless movement
And a wild attack

Face to face
Sadly solitude
And it’s finger popping
Twenty-four hour shopping in Rapture

Fab Five Freddie told me everybody’s high
DJ’s spinnin’ are savin’ my mind
Flash is fast, Flash is cool
Francois sez fas, Flashe’ no do
And you don’t stop, sure shot
Go out to the parking lot
And you get in your car and you drive real far
And you drive all night and then you see a light
And it comes right down and lands on the ground
And out comes a man from Mars
And you try to run but he’s got a gun
And he shoots you dead and he eats your head
And then you’re in the man from Mars
You go out at night, eatin’ cars
You eat Cadillacs, Lincolns too
Mercurys and Subarus
And you don’t stop, you keep on eatin’ cars
Then, when there’s no more cars
You go out at night and eat up bars where the people meet
Face to face, dance cheek to cheek
One to one, man to man
Dance toe to toe
Don’t move to slow, ‘cause the man from Mars
Is through with cars, he’s eatin’ bars
Yeah, wall to wall, door to door, hall to hall
He’s gonna eat ‘em all
Rapture, be pure
Take a tour, through the sewer
Don’t strain your brain, paint a train
You’ll be singin’ in the rain
I said don’t stop, do punk rock

Well now you see what you wanna be
Just have your party on TV
’Cause the man from Mars won’t eat up bars when the TV’s on
And now he’s gone back up to space
Where he won’t have a hassle with the human race
And you hip-hop, and you don’t stop
Just blast off, sure shot
’Cause the man from Mars stopped eatin’ cars and eatin’ bars
And now he only eats guitars, get up!

^^^LOL

Debra Harry is the Messiah?:smiley:

Hello Joey,

What are you talking about when you say the sinners in the days of Noah were “taking out”? Taking out of what? They were left to face Gods judgement while Noah and crew were riding out the judgement of the flood. Kind of like what the 144,000 from the tribes of Israel will do in the tribulation.

Oh yeah, before the flood, what was that guys name who walked with God and was not to be seen anymore, because God took him away? And what can that represent? :thumbsup:

And as far as your “dead to Christ” interpretation, Paul means “the dead in Christ.” Paul said it is the Lords own word that those who are left(believers who are still living) will not precede those who have fallen asleep in Christ. Those believers who have gone on will rise first, then those believers who are left to rise up to met those who went first to met the Lord in the air.

Paul says nothing about those living belivers in Christ being “left behind”, but rather those believers are left to rise up after the dead are done rising up. Obviously this is a orderly event, Jesus is called the “firstfruits”, so his number is one for permantly being resurrected, and then all those who believed in him, starting with those who died in Christ, will rise first before those living.

1Cor.15:23 But each in his own turn, Christ the firstfruits, then, when he comes, those who belong to him.

Lev,

If you are going to interpret Scripture to fill your own dreams, aka the Rapture and Tribulation theories, you should be magnanimous enough to allow Joey the freedom to interpret Scripture to answer his dreams.

What are you talking about when you say the sinners in the days of Noah were “taking out”?

“Taken out”

Who was left behind? Noah and his immediate family. All others were “Taken Out”(KILLED) and sent straight to hell.

What happened after they left the Ark? They were subjected to the trials and tribulations of normal life.

Tim LaHaye ws left behind

Actually Catholic Apologist John Martignoni of biblechristiansociety.com says exactly the same thing… you want to be left behind. He has an awesome mp3 on the subject at his website above. Although, I have to tell you, I think his best mp3 is Marriage and the Eucharist

I agree, that was the first time I had EVER heard anyone but the marriage and the Eucharist together like that. I can never look at the two the same again!

Joey,

That’s a fascinating dream!! :eek: One thing I always keep in mind in that passage in Thessalonians is that it talks about things being awfully noisy! In other words EVERYONE is going to know what’s going on. Secret rapture my foot! :rolleyes:

Hey all of you out there on this forum I raised in a church that taught this false doctrine and i was constantly scared that I was going to be left behnd but by the grace of God I with some searching found the one true holy apostolic Catholic church by the way my mother was very supportive in my catholic conversion eventhought she did not agree with all the doctrine she passed away in may 2006 and I am sure that she was suprised after she passed that there was actually a purgatory and that she could intercede for me even after she was no longer alive on earth

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.