Rate the song above you

Got the idea for this from another forum. Basically it goes like this. Someone posts a song and the next person rates it and then posts one as well. I think it's a great way to show off your musical tastes.
I'll start with this classic. It's one of my favorite Pink Floyd songs:
"Nobody Home"--Pink Floyd

Yikes, apparently a song about relationships seen through the eyes of a heroin addict.

0 to 10 rating scale?

In that it warns people away from falling into the mental pit of drug abuse, I'd give the song a 7. However, I'd only be able to listen to that song once. I would call that a song of lament or a mournful dirge.

My song, also a song of lament:

Miserere Mei Deus - Psalm 51

youtube.com/watch?v=fcWo1hKHu40

Translated to English:

Translation:

Have mercy upon me, O God, according to thy loving kindness:
According unto the multitude of thy tender mercies blot out my transgressions.
Wash me throughly from mine iniquity, and cleanse me from my sin.

For I acknowledge my transgressions: and my sin is ever before me.
Against thee, thee only, have I sinned, and done this evil in thy sight: that thou mightest be justified when thou speakest, and be clear when thou judgest.

Behold, I was shapen in iniquity; and in sin did my mother conceive me.
Behold, thou desirest truth in the inward parts: and in the hidden part thou shalt make me to know wisdom.
Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean: wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow.

Make me to hear joy and gladness; that the bones which thou hast broken may rejoice.
Hide thy face from my sins, and blot out all mine iniquities.
Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.

Cast me not away from thy presence; and take not thy holy spirit from me.
Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation; and uphold me with thy free spirit.
Then will I teach transgressors thy ways; and sinners shall be converted unto thee.

Deliver me from bloodguiltiness, O God, thou God of my salvation: and my tongue shall sing aloud of thy righteousness.

O Lord, open thou my lips; and my mouth shall shew forth thy praise.
For thou desirest not sacrifice; else would I give it: thou delightest not in burnt offering.
The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit: a broken and a contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise.

Do good in thy good pleasure unto Zion: build thou the walls of Jerusalem.
Then shalt thou be pleased with the sacrifices of righteousness, with burnt offering and whole burnt offering: then shall they offer bullocks upon thine altar.

google.com/search?q=miserere+mei+deus+&rlz=1I7ADBR_en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&sourceid=ie7

How about “Te Deum” or “Holy God we Praise Thy Name”—this and Immaculate Mary are the two songs I remember the lyrics to and both are beautiful songs!

[quote="utah_rose, post:3, topic:216174"]
How about "Te Deum" or "Holy God we Praise Thy Name"---this and Immaculate Mary are the two songs I remember the lyrics to and both are beautiful songs!

[/quote]

Out of ten? Nine/Seven/Seven

Ok...Shine Jesus Shine....:eek:

Let's get this back into the right mode. Someone didn't follow directions.
"Heat of the Moment"--Asia

[quote="rocklobster, post:5, topic:216174"]
Let's get this back into the right mode. Someone didn't follow directions.
"Heat of the Moment"--Asia

8/10

Then again, I don't know how to judge music from that era. :o I still thought it was quite nice and mellow.

Okay my turn:
Into The Night - Carlos Santana feat. Chad Kroeger

(Quick question: Can we choose foreign songs as well? :blush:)

[/quote]

Can't see why not. To keep it fair I'll have one song for a first go and let someone else have a go afterwards as I'll end up picking songs in three languages myseff which would be a bit unfair.

youtube.com/watch?v=ixQpkZlk8o4&feature=related

I'm silly I forgot to say I generally enjoy Santana. Hey LW remember Carlos is originally from an even older era than Asia! Remember this man was on the bill at Woodstock.

Santana rocks!

The Beatles "In My Life" written by John Lennon

[quote="catsrus, post:9, topic:216174"]
Santana rocks!

The Beatles "In My Life" written by John Lennon

[/quote]

10/10 LOVE THAT SONG! :D

Livin' On A Prayer - Bon Jovi

[quote="Adam1986, post:10, topic:216174"]
10/10 LOVE THAT SONG! :D

Livin' On A Prayer - Bon Jovi

[/quote]

Sorry - not a big Bon Jovi fan.. I'm going to give it a 2.

Bohemian Rhapsody - Queen youtube.com/watch?v=qe9PSliDG4M

[quote="yellowbird, post:11, topic:216174"]
Sorry - not a big Bon Jovi fan.. I'm going to give it a 2.

Bohemian Rhapsody - Queen youtube.com/watch?v=qe9PSliDG4M

[/quote]

7/10

Again, not much of a music judge but I like the guitar solo parts and the more "rock"-sounding bits. :o

Anyways, as much I hate Marilyn Manson and everything he stands for, this is the one and only exception:

This is Halloween - Marilyn Manson

Kinda suits the season don't ya think? (Btw, I'd have actually posted some of the cool Halloween amvs that used this song but I fear they're waaay too disturbing for these forums. XD)

0/10--the original version from Nightmare Before Christmas is way better. He needs to stop covering songs. Or should I say, ruining them.
"Call Me, Call Me"--Steve Conte and Yoko Kanno. from Cowboy Bebop

boring anime soundtrack junk 2/10

Integrity - Bringing It Back

Re: Bringing it Back:

Sorry, I don't know if this counts, but I could only watch the 1st 5 seconds. It was too heavy metal/death metal or whatever for me. But I looked up the lyrics. 6/10 for the lyrics, although I cannot vouch for the morality of the lyrics.

Now my turn: "Otherside" by Red Hot Chili Peppers.

[quote="Rolypoly, post:15, topic:216174"]
Re: Bringing it Back:

Sorry, I don't know if this counts, but I could only watch the 1st 5 seconds. It was too heavy metal/death metal or whatever for me. But I looked up the lyrics. 6/10 for the lyrics, although I cannot vouch for the morality of the lyrics.

Now my turn: "Otherside" by Red Hot Chili Peppers.

[/quote]

I'll give it 7/10 for the smooth melody but the lyrics were kinda hard to follow. :o

Look Through My Eyes - Phil Collins

Pardon the AMV. :o I really like the song itself though.

Ahhh, Phil Collins is proper parent music!

Tupac - Starin' Through My Rear View

Phil Collins will be on the stereo on repeat play in Hell. This area of Hell will however be reserved for fascist dictators, mass murderers and members of boy bands. You know the reallllllly evil people. LW has one free whack at me with keyblade for these comments…

One for me for today,although I don’t espouse the bands outlook on religion in some of their other songs:-

youtube.com/watch?v=q6c1iv2Jhcc

10/10–LOVE Soundgarden!:thumbsup:
“Gimme One Reason”–Tracy Chapman

[quote="rocklobster, post:19, topic:216174"]
10/10--LOVE Soundgarden!:thumbsup:
"Gimme One Reason"--Tracy Chapman

[/quote]

8/10
Shakira - Hips don't lie

youtube.com/watch?v=BcE-Fp01vHg

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.