RCIA class and confession

Well in RCIA the time has come, tomorrow is my first confession. The question is ,is it crazy to have written out my sins to take with me, I did not want to forget anything.

3 Likes

Not at all! I do this from time to time after many years.

2 Likes

I am actually going to write something for Sunday when we are having confession after mass. I feel like I could be in and out and not waste Fr.'s time when there is a line waiting. “Be bold.Be brief. Be gone!”

5 Likes

Exactly :+1:

2 Likes

Thanks y’all. I just felt better writing my sins down so I wouldn’t forget them. But I’ll be glad when it’s over with :grinning:

0 Likes

You will be glad not just that it is over though! :slightly_smiling_face:

0 Likes

Yes I know… I am ready for it though, I know I need this…

2 Likes

I never go to Confession without a list! You’re in good company!

1 Like

Good for you! It´s gonna be just fine!
It´s so liberating to go to Confession.

1 Like

After 5 years I still make a list if I have more than 3 sins. I set the list on fire after I have made my penance.

1 Like

I usually write down my sins and discard the note before going into confession. But sometimes I hold on to the note to remember better. It depends on the day and the sins.

0 Likes

no, it’s not crazy, it’s actually quite common

1 Like

I just made my first confession last week…and I had a list (a long, long list!).

In our RCIA class, Father said to make a list on paper, then burn it afterwards. Or use a confession app that lists them out for you, but as a courtesy let your priest know that you will using it in the confessional.

Congratulations and God Bless!!

0 Likes

Oh it was AWESOME :grinning: I feel so much better.

4 Likes

It was AWESOME :grinning:

6 Likes

You can definitely write things down just be absolutely sure to DESTROY the paaper when you’re done.

0 Likes

I did and I did :grinning:

0 Likes

Not crazy at all! I have forgotten my sins before.

1 Like

Why does the paper need to be destroyed? Privacy concerns?

Oh yeah, and I’d suggest you also have a printout of the text of the act of contrition. Most churches have a copy in the confessional you can read from, but some don’t. It felt pretty awkward when I went to one that didn’t and I had to tell the priest I couldn’t remember how it went (granted, they said to just look it up later and say it, but it felt awkward to me).

1 Like

Yes a paper with your sins should be seen by no one but you.

1 Like

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.