RCIA

Is there a RCIA program designed specifically for believers who simply want to join the catholic faith, but are already christian and living a sin fee life?

RCIA is for both catechumens (the unbaptized) and candidates (those already baptized). The Rites are different for catechumens versus candidates. The catechesis is often done in a comingled group.

I suggest you talk to the RCIA director in your local parish and your local priest.

As 1KE said, RCIA is for both those who are baptized and those who are not. It’s not only instruction in what Catholics believe, but also formation so that you learn to live as a Catholic.

Prayers and best wishes as you begin this journey.

Wait…by virtue of the fact that you are protestant you are living in sin. You are "protesting " the church Jesus established.

Oh, please, stop right there. I suggest you go read the Church’s documents on ecumenism and then come back with a different attitude.

How rude and uncalled for.

I’m not the one who said I was living sin free. I find her statement offensive.

St. John said " If we say we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us."

I think the Catholic Church would be better of without your sort- the judgemental type,
we are all sinners what the person meant well I took it as she was not living in sin with anyone but rather still living as a single person, of course we are all sinners especially if we are human, the RCIA is going to be of no use to you, please go back to what ever religion you were, as I dont think you have grasped the word “humility” please study St. Francis of Assisi

Aren’t you all judging me too? I don’t know all the dogma of the church yet. I was speaking as one converter to another.

And how dare YOU to try to dissuade anyone from joining the one true church!

If the OP, having known that the fullness of the Church of Christ resided in the Catholic Church alone, willfully rejected it and joined another church, that would certainly be a grave sin.

But if she was simply the child of Protestant parents, and / or brought up in a culture that encouraged ignorance or a distorted view of the Catholic faith, that is quite a different matter. The Catechism says that we cannot charge the descendants of those who caused the initial schism with schism themselves. Rather, we should try to find common ground with them, try to instruct them in the truth, and welcome them joyfully home if they should choose to enter the Church. :thumbsup:

I think all that the OP meant was that she was living a moral life, without committing grave / mortal sins. While it is certainly true that “all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God”, I think “sin-free” in this case was a figure of speech.

Thank you for your respectful clarification.

Pending review by moderator Angela Tate

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.