RCIA...

My wife and I began our journey into Catholicism 2 weeks ago. We have attended a Saturday and Sunday Mass with our 13 month old son. I have been “lurking” on these forums for awhile before joining today and I want to thank you all for all of the good information I have found here. With that being said, I just want to say what a privilege it is to attend a parish as wonderful as ours and I am glad we are finally at a place in our lives to accept the gift that Catholicism offers. I look forward to completing our RCIA classes and expanding our family by millions!

:extrahappy::

As someone who just went through RCIA last year I know full well the excitement that it all brings. Welcome home! May God Bless and keep your family! :thumbsup:

Welcome home! :dancing::extrahappy::thumbsup:

And if you don’t mind me asking, what were you before?

Welcome:thumbsup:

We really weren’t “anything”…my wife never had any formal contact with any specific denomination and I was Baptist. I researched and read quite a bit and determined that Catholicism best fit my personal views and, to be quite honest, it seems like we were “steered” in this direction and it just feels like somewhere we are supposed to be…

Thank you all for your kind words!

Welcome! :smiley:

Welcome Home! The time in RCIA will pass quickly. :rolleyes:

I had to miss tonight due to business obligations and, I am feeling all kinds out of sorts…thankfully, I have my reading materials so, that helps…:coffeeread:

Congratulations on your journey :slight_smile:

“it just feels like somewhere we are supposed to be…”

I used to hear that in RCIA all the time, along with:

“when I walked into a Catholic church I felt like I was home”

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.