RCIA.

Good evening, everyone.
Thanks to people on this site, I finally worked up the courage to go to my first service!
I’ve contacted about RCIA and I will be attending an inquiry meeting next week.
What do you guys think about RCIA?
What exactly is it? (I’ve read a general overview of it, but want to know more, now.

Thanks, everyone!

:thumbsup:

RCIA experiences can be very different depending on the parish. What they are supposed to do is teach you the basics of the Catholic faith and the Christian life.

Have you read the overview on the U.S. Bishops’ website?

Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults

No, I haven’t…

Welcome Home! You can expect the most amazing faith journey of your life at RCIA. You will meet once a week with other like minded people who are also interested in the Catholic Church. It is usually informal, starting with some kind of presentation and Q&A or maybe a class discussion. Bring your questions, concerns and issues! If all goes well, you will be receiving the Body, Blood, Soul and Divinity of Our Risen Lord Jesus Christ this time next year. :harp:

Welcome home, I’m a new convert to the Catholic Faith, confirmed March 25, 2012. I loved RCIA. It was a beautiful experience, and I miss it. Our RCIA team was wonderful, and the friendships I made there are very special. Enjoy, research and question.

God Bless,
Ruth :signofcross:

Welcome Home! :thumbsup:

Welcome home! I too am a convert. As some have already stated, RCIA varies depending on the parish, but I think you will find it to be very helpful. When I went through I found that it barely touched the surface of all there is to know about Catholicism. I encourage you to read and study outside of your classes. Scott Hahn books are a great place to start. They are very easy, quick reads and very informative. Good luck!

Welcome Home! I am also a convert, having gone through the RCIA process. I made some amazing friends in RCIA which helped me become a very active member of our parish. I enjoyed RCIA so much I’m now part of the RCIA team in our parish. Keep an open mind and never be afraid to ask questions. :thumbsup:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.