Re: A bit confused about RCIA

I just realized I forgot to update the thread "A bit confused about RCIA" from a while back -- and now the thread is closed.

To update, I did not end up joining the RCIA group. I was just too uncomfortable with the way it was presented. BUT I have found a wonderful, absolutely amazing parish that has been nothing but welcoming. I was absolutely blown away at how warm and welcoming the people were from the minute I walked into the building. It is definitely a greater distance away (about a 30 minute drive in metro traffic), but it has been well worth it.

I was too late to join their RCIA group, but am planning on joining this upcoming fall when it starts again. Until then, I'm enjoying meeting everyone (it's a massive church, so that will keep me busy until August) in the church and am enjoying the wait.

So, my advice to anyone that encounters what I did -- don't be afraid to try another parish, even if it is a bit of a distance.

God bless!

Wonderful !!!

Good for you! I'm glad to hear things worked out.

[quote="mozzarella, post:1, topic:310853"]
I just realized I forgot to update the thread "A bit confused about RCIA" from a while back -- and now the thread is closed.

To update, I did not end up joining the RCIA group. I was just too uncomfortable with the way it was presented. BUT I have found a wonderful, absolutely amazing parish that has been nothing but welcoming. I was absolutely blown away at how warm and welcoming the people were from the minute I walked into the building. It is definitely a greater distance away (about a 30 minute drive in metro traffic), but it has been well worth it.

I was too late to join their RCIA group, but am planning on joining this upcoming fall when it starts again. Until then, I'm enjoying meeting everyone (it's a massive church, so that will keep me busy until August) in the church and am enjoying the wait.

So, my advice to anyone that encounters what I did -- don't be afraid to try another parish, even if it is a bit of a distance.

God bless!

[/quote]

YAY! And [SIGN]Welcome Home![/SIGN]

:thumbsup:

This is wonderful news. God Bless!

If you can get a copy of the Catholicism series by Fr Barron I think you might enjoy it.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.