Re: Need Help for Sermon on Mother Mary

My dear friends in Mother Mary,
We will have play on Mother Mary Next month on the Mother Mary Festival. Our play is against all negative thoughts which non Catholic have against Mother Mary. In the play we show that how people get healings when they go to Mother Mary Festival or pilgrim and cry for help and get healings.
So I have role or character in the play as a priest. So can you help me to make sermon on Mother Mary’s respect and about Her greatness and Her Miracle life.
I hope I will get good material and knowledge by you. Please try to write easy English for me its better for me to understand the sentences.
God bless you and give you more wisdom.

My dear children in Christ. It is sad, so many people who say they believe the Scripture do not accept the Blessed Virgin Mary as the Mother of God.

How can anyone who believes the Scripture say that Mary is not the Mother of God? Does not Scripture say that she is the mother of Jesus Christ?

Acts 1:14
All these were persevering with one mind in prayer with the women, and Mary the mother of Jesus,

And does not Scripture say that Jesus is God?

John 20:28
Thomas answered, and said to him: My Lord, and my God.

And does not Scripture say that St. Elizabeth calls her the mother of my Lord?

Luke 1:43
And whence is this to me, that the mother of my Lord should come to me?

And being the Mother of our Lord, does that not mean she is the Mother of His Body, the Church? Does not Scripture say that the Church is the Body of Christ?

Colossians 1:24
Who now rejoice in my sufferings for you, and fill up those things that are wanting of the sufferings of Christ, in my flesh, for his body, which is the church:

And being the Mother of Christ, do you not love her as your own mother?

[John 19:27]("http://www.whereinthebible.org/index.php?bookId=50&chapterId=19&verseId=27&page=1#x")

After that, he saith to the disciple: Behold thy mother. And from that hour, the disciple took her to his own.                          

Do not the Scriptures say that even the Angels praise and bless Mary?

[Luke 1:28]("http://www.whereinthebible.org/index.php?bookId=49&chapterId=1&verseId=28&page=1#x")
                                             And the angel being come in, said unto her: Hail, full of grace, the Lord is with thee: blessed art thou among women. 

And if heavenly creatures praise and bless Mary, shouldn’t we also?

Luke 1:48

Because he hath regarded the humility of his handmaid; for behold from henceforth all generations shall call me blessed. 

And if Mary is praised and blessed even by the Word of God, shouldn’t we do likewise?

Let us then rejoice, my Catholic brethren, that we in the Catholic Church are the elect of God, who have throughout the centuries praised and blessed the Virgin Mother of God as He has instructed us in Scripture and with the Angels let us pray together:

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death. Amen.

I hope that helps.

Sincerely,

De Maria

Thanks you very much my dear De Maria,
Yes it will work for my sermon. Thanks a lot for yours intention for my sermon and my people.
Thanks again

Here is a 15 minute sermon you can listen to. Maybe it will give you a few ideas.

wordonfire.org/fullnews/311.shtml

I pray for your success,

Ryan :slight_smile:

closed #5

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.