Re: Rosalind Moss

I love watching this woman on EWTN. I am wondering if she is teaching anywhere, or if she just does the speaking engagements around the country. I would love to find a way to discover what her speaking engagement schedule is, in order that I might attend one of these events. Does anyone know how I can access this kind of information?

Thank you,
fran c

Go here to find the calendar to find where Rosalind Moss is speaking: catholic.com/seminars/calendar.asp

You can also book her to speak at your parish (see the bottom of the page):

catholic.com/seminars/moss.asp

Rosalind Moss is magnificent. If I see she’s on TV or internet radio, I stop and watch - cannot resist.

I’ll never forget one radio program when an angry caller demanded to know where God was during the Holocaust. Rosalind quietly replied “Exactly where He was when they were nailing His son to a cross.”

JSA+

I love listening to her on the radio, when she’s on Catholic Answers Live. Something about her voice is so calming and trustworthy, and I love the connections she can make between Judaism and Catholicism. Her talks help me realize a lot of things about Scripture, specifically how often the New Testament parrallels the Old, and a realization about how we need to make Catholicism our own. (We need to remember that the phrases “The Church teaches” and and “I believe” are basically interchangable.)

Several years ago she visited this area to be godmother for an RCIA participant. I was able to get her to give a talk at our church while she was in the area. A great speaker. I really enjoyed her visit.

I like Ros, too! I actually got to meet her when she spoke at a Catholic Family Conf. near me. She was very patient and pleasant about the 20 or so people who followed after her (after the talk was over). I found out my first name is her confirmation name – Miriam!

She revealed she was praying for something “really big”, but would not say more about what that was. If you’d like to help her pray for that cause, God knows what it is. I’m wondering if it is the conversion of all Jews?

I have her 2 CD set, A Day of Grace (from Catholic Answers). It’s great for a mini-retreat for yourself, or to share, or just to listen to for recharging your spiritual batteries.

God bless,
Mimi

I have big problems with her. Does she believe or not in supersessionism? As does another Jewish convert, Roy Schoeman, who in his book 'Salvation Is From The Jews" states that the Catholic Church has rejected that dogma - that the NT supercedes the OT. See pages 352 - 353. He references Vacticans 2’s Nostra Aetate that the OT is not superceded by the NT.

Moss, in interviews I’ve heard, won’t answer this.

Is there a New Covenant for everyone or not?

Again, I find Moss and Schoeman quite suspect.

Go to the VOCATIONS forum in the Family section and check under “A new order of nuns for ALL AGES” and you will find your answer.

Actually supersessionism or the doctrine that the NT has superceded the OT is mostly found among some mostly fundamentalist Protestants and NOT the teaching of the Catholic Church which regards such as heresy (see Marcion heresey) .

See CCC pp 121-123 -
121 -The Old Testament is an indispenaible part of Sacred Scripture. Its books are divinely inspired and retain a permanent value, for the Old Covenant has never been broken.
122 -Indeed, the economy of the Old Testament was deliberately so oriented that it should prepare for and declare in prophecy the coming of Christ, redeemer of all men. Even though they contain matters imperfect and provisional, the bookds of the Old Testament bear witness to the whole divine pedagogy of God’s saving love: these writings are a storehouse of sublime teaching on God and of sound wisdom on human life, as well as a wonderful treasury of prayers; in them, too, the mystery of our salvation is present in a hiden way.
123 - Christians venerate the Old Testament as true Word of God. The Church has always vigorously opposed the idea of rejecting the Old Testament under the pretext that the New Testament has rendered it void. (Marcionism)

Just as both Rosalind Moss and Roy Shoeman and many other Jews have found the fullness and completion of Judaism in Catholocism so too might Catholics find a richer, deeper and greater fullness of faith by learning, studying and reclaiming the faith of our spriitual parents. God made His Covenant with His chosen people and has never broken it. How dare any of us advocate otherwis.

Unfortunately, supersessionism and replacement theology (or substitution theology), where “The Church” (the Universal Church) replaces Israel in the promises of G_D, are all closely related. These teachings did receive support from St. Augustine, so while it was never an official Church doctrine it did influence Church thought for over a thousand years.

<><

Agreed; it never was and still is NOT a Catholic Church Doctrine.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.