Read This

jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religions/Roman%20Catholicism/fools.htm This person on this website (I think its Baptist) says that Catholics are going to hell. Maybe I'm getting too worked up about it, but I thought all Christians would be saved. as long as one repent of their sins and accept Jesus as their Savior. Thats what Baptists believe too I thought?

[quote="DavidSears, post:1, topic:313474"]
jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religions/Roman%20Catholicism/fools.htm This person on this website (I think its Baptist) says that Catholics are going to hell. Maybe I'm getting too worked up about it, but I thought all Christians would be saved. as long as one repent of their sins and accept Jesus as their Savior. Thats what Baptists believe too I thought?

[/quote]

I wouldn't get too worked over what one guy on a website says.

Baptists aren't like Catholics. There is no single Baptist Church like there is one single Catholic Church. All Baptist churches believe in congregational church government, so there is no central authority to settle for Baptists who is Christian or not. It depends on which Baptist you ask.

Why sweat it? Correct me if I am wrong, but were not many of the Anti Catholic KU Klux Klan Baptists? No need to be surprised by this website methinks.

[/quote]

I've heard of (and seen) this website before, and while irritating, I would not get too worked up about it; it is simply anti-Catholic propaganda and nothing more, not to be taken seriously - they even said the show "Hee Haw" (:rolleyes:) is of the Devil.

Pray for Protestants. There is a good deal of Gospel that suggests that unless one is a part of the Bridal party ("Wedding garment") that even if you raise the dead, preach His name, or exorcise demons, the Lord may say, "I never knew you, depart from me.." Keep in mind what "knew" means in the Old Testament (marital relations). Also, St John, Chapter 6, "Unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man, and drink His Blood, you have no life within you.." All but 12 of his disciples left after He revealed the Source and Summit of Our Faith, The Holy Eucharist. While Peter's "Where are we to go, Lord?.." isn't exactly a ringing endorsement! It's a hard teaching. The Blessed Sacrament, and devotion to Our Lady, seperates believers and decievers. The Bridegroom (Jesus) only "knows" his Bride (The Roman Catholic Church, founded on Peter). The key to conversion for Protestants seems to be the Apostolic Fathers (St. Justin Martyr, St Iraneous, etc..) If you feel charitable, find some quotes, and forward it to him. God Bless!

[/quote]

Yeah, they say the same thing about Lutherans. For Stewart, we're too much like you. ;)

Jon

[/quote]

“There are not one hundred people in the United States who hate The Catholic Church, but there are millions who hate what they wrongly perceive the Catholic Church to be.”
― Fulton J. Sheen

There are hundreds of sects of Baptists and Protestants all believing something different from each other. Those that have an anti-Catholic stance have not taken the time to really look at what the Church believes and teaches but have bought into lies designed to keep them away from Truth. There is much material available explaining exactly what Catholics believe so he has no excuse for believing and propagating these same lies. If they were to take a close look at one of their assertions and discover that they were wrong, then they'd have to admit that they'd been deceived and lied to. Then they would have to look at who lied to them and what the purpose of the lie was. They would discover that it was to keep them from discovering the truth about the Catholic Faith and then wonder who and what was behind it. Who is the Father of Lies and why would he not want them to know the truth about the Catholic Faith?

For example he mentions and accuses Catholics of idolatry, worshipping of the dead, heathendom, rituals, vain repetitions and doctrines of devils. If he actually studied Catholicism he would not only find that these things are absolutely forbidden in the Catholic Church but it is that same Church that predominantly defines hold the line against these things in Christianity.

He believes that when he interprets scripture that he is preserved from error by the Holy Spirit working in him, but he says that it would be impossible for the Pope to be preserved from error by the same Holy Spirit when defining Church beliefs on faith and morals. In other words, while he would never concede the charism of infallibility, he believes that he himself has it!

Mathew 24:4 And Jesus answered them, 'Take care that no one deceives you, because many will come using my name and saying, "I am the Christ," and they will deceive many.

=DavidSears;10310908]jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religions/Roman%20Catholicism/fools.htm This person on this website (I think its Baptist) says that Catholics are going to hell. Maybe I'm getting too worked up about it, but I thought all Christians would be saved. as long as one repent of their sins and accept Jesus as their Savior. Thats what Baptists believe too I thought?

Well that their long held position.:blush:

Keep in mind they too are "Protestants" which means protesting Catholic Truths [2nd. Tim. 3:16-17]

And as a FYI the ONLY manner Jesus; our Perfect God accepts for the NORMAL means of sins forgiveness is the Catholic Sacrament of Confession; which is precisely why he Himslef created it.:thumbsup:

** 1John.1 Verses 8 to 10:** "If we say we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just, and will forgive our sins and cleanse us from all unrighteousness. If we say we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us."

** 1John.5 Verses 16 to 17*"If any one sees his brother committing what is not a mortal sin, he will ask, and God will give him life for those whose sin is not mortal. * There is sin which is mortal*; I do not say that one is to pray for that. All wrongdoing is sin, * but there is sin which is not mortal. **

** John.20 Verses 20 to 23*]" When he had said this, he showed them his hands and his side. Then the disciples were glad when they saw the Lord. * Jesus said to them ** again, "Peace be with you. ** As the Father has sent me, even so I send you." ** And when he had said this, he breathed on them, and said to them, "Receive the Holy Spirit. If you forgive the sins of any, they are forgiven; if you retain the sins of any, they are retained."

The Exceptional means and; by NO MEANS assured is this.

1. In Dire energency [life or death sistuation]

2. NOT ever having the opportunity [not the belief; only the opportunity] which God SURELY knows; can make and MUST make A Perfect Act of Contrition... which ONLY God knows if it is?????

That my friend is WHY Jesus created this sacramnet taht we can lnow as the ONLY Known Forgivieness of sins.

I can easily disprove biblically the Baptist claim; can thy disprove mine as a catholic? NO!

God Bless you,
Pat/PJM

Stay away from crazy people and the websites they start.
:cool:

Wow! Thats one poor misguided feller. Maybe he should spend time here.

[quote="batman1973, post:10, topic:313474"]

[/quote]

He would last, oh, a minute or two. :D

Jon

=ltwin;10310923]I wouldn't get too worked over what one guy on a website says.

Baptists aren't like Catholics. There is no single Baptist Church like there is one single Catholic Church. All Baptist churches believe in congregational church government, so there is no central authority to settle for Baptists who is Christian or not. It depends on which Baptist you ask.

There IS only One God; His One set of Faith beliefs and His One Church

because there MUST BE

"One"

"Holy"

"Catholic"

& Apostolic Church... WHY?

BECAUSE THAT IS ALL JESUS FOUNDED; EMPOWERED; PROTECTS AND DESIRES

And yes I can support this biblically:D

God Bless you,
pat/PJM

I take it they are not praying for us, or did I miss that part of the lovely article? I’ll pray for them.

[quote="GaryTaylor, post:13, topic:313474"]
** I take it they are not praying for us,** or did I miss that part of the lovely article? I'll pray for them.

[/quote]

You jest, right Gary? :D

Jon

[quote="batman1973, post:10, topic:313474"]

[/quote]

If they're KJV types I won't even tell you what they think of Lutherans.
:eek:

[quote="JustaServant, post:15, topic:313474"]
If they're KJV types I won't even tell you what they think of Lutherans.
:eek:

[/quote]

*"Lutheranism is straight out of the pits of hell!"

"Without a doubt, Martin Luther was no Christian! It will be obvious to you after reading my article that Martin Luther may have come out of Catholicism, but Catholicism did NOT come out of Martin Luther. The Lutheran religion is nothing more than a spin-off of Catholicism."*

Some of the nicer things Stewart has to say about us. :D

Jon

[quote="PJM, post:12, topic:313474"]
There IS only One God; His One set of Faith beliefs and His One Church

because there MUST BE

"One"

"Holy"

"Catholic"

& Apostolic Church... WHY?

BECAUSE THAT IS ALL JESUS FOUNDED; EMPOWERED; PROTECTS AND DESIRES

And yes I can support this biblically:D

God Bless you,
pat/PJM

[/quote]

With all due respect, why are you preaching to me? The OP seemed concern that all Baptists thought the same way as this person. I was only pointing out that Baptists believe different things and that one website only speaks for the author of the website, not all Baptists.

I was not engaging in an apologetics battle on the nature of the church and neither am I looking to engage in one on behalf of Baptists, since I'm not a Baptist.

[quote="JonNC, post:16, topic:313474"]

"Without a doubt, Martin Luther was no Christian! It will be obvious to you after reading my article that Martin Luther may have come out of Catholicism, but Catholicism did NOT come out of Martin Luther. The Lutheran religion is nothing more than a spin-off of Catholicism."*

Jon

[/quote]

So, I guess I should wear a tank top and board shorts in my coffin then?:D

[quote="JonNC, post:16, topic:313474"]

Jon

[/quote]

Guess ya'll can't afford Papal Ninjas and a Death Star.
:D

[quote="JustaServant, post:19, topic:313474"]
Guess ya'll can't afford Papal Ninjas and a Death Star.
:D

[/quote]

You guys have Papal Ninjas?! SWEEET!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.