Reading Recommendations for non-Catholic

I’m having some serious doubts about my current religion (Mormon). Is there a book or good website that lays it out on the table why the Catholic church has the fullness of truth? I’m interested in the early church fathers and how they worshipped as well as interpretations of the bible and how they support the Catholic faith. I’m not really looking for books on why the Mormon church is not true. Thanks.

The Witness of the Church Fathers With Regard to Catholic Distinctives With Examples of Protestant Corroboration of Catholic Doctrines or Clear Contradiction of Patristic Consensus

http://web.archive.org/web/20030604071746/http://ic.net/~erasmus/RAZ429.HTM

[quote=Tweedle_Dee]I’m having some serious doubts about my current religion (Mormon). Is there a book or good website that lays it out on the table why the Catholic church has the fullness of truth? I’m interested in the early church fathers and how they worshipped as well as interpretations of the bible and how they support the Catholic faith. I’m not really looking for books on why the Mormon church is not true. Thanks.
[/quote]

Well, you’re already at a great site. A lot of the tracts and archived back issues of This Rock magazine have what you’re looking for. I hope you’re well acquainted with the search function.

Some books:
The Faith of the Early Fathers (3 volumes) by William Jurgens
The Catechism of the Catholic Church
Catholicism and Fundamentalism by Karl Keating
Handbook of Christian Apologetics by Kreeft & Tacelli

Some other websites/articles:
catholicculture.org/docs/doc_view.cfm?recnum=4623
newadvent.org/
catholic.com/library/pillar.asp
catholic.com/library/Christ_in_the_Eucharist.asp
geocities.com/thecatholicconvert/biblecheatsheet.html
scborromeo.org/ccc/ccc_toc.htm
peterkreeft.com/featured-writing.htm

There are tons more, but I don’t want to overwhelm you. Be sure to ask if you more questions. We’ll keep you in our prayers. Take your time.:thumbsup:

[quote=Tweedle_Dee]I’m having some serious doubts about my current religion (Mormon). Is there a book or good website that lays it out on the table why the Catholic church has the fullness of truth? I’m interested in the early church fathers and how they worshipped as well as interpretations of the bible and how they support the Catholic faith. I’m not really looking for books on why the Mormon church is not true. Thanks.
[/quote]

Radio Replies.

A 3 Volume set of over 5000 answers to questions and put in layman’s terms everyone can understand. Authors Frs. Carty,Rumble and Msgr Fulton J Sheen.

Covers other religions and Church stance. Explains their position and differences and every other possible subject you can think of.

Excellent heirloom for the new Catholic family. Last price I saw was 35$ for the set, and it’s still in print.

Andy

[/quote]

Hi, here are some really good books which have helped me very much when I was learning about the Faith. They defiately helped me understand Catholicism a whole lot better. The first two were my favorite:

1. “How To Be Happy, How To Be Holy” by: Fr. Paul O’Sullivan
  2. “Born Fundamentalist, Born Again Catholic” by: David B. Currie
  3. “Catholic for a Reason: Scripture and the Mystery of the Family of God” by: Scott Hahn and Leon J. Suprenant, Jr.
  4. “The Wonders of the Holy Name” by: Fr. Paul O’Sullivan
  5. “The Holy Ghost, Our Greatest Friend: He Who Loves Us Best” by: Fr. Paul O’Sullivan
  6. “A Catechism for Adults: Revised Edition” by: Rev. William J. Cogan
  7. “Trustful Surrender to Divine Providence” by: Fr. Jean Baptiste Saint-Jure

Hope these help!

God Bless,
Heather

closed #6

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.