Readings for a funeral

any suggestions for readings for a funeral? Just lost my sister and am helping to plan her funeral Mass.
Thanks!

did she have favorites?

if she did but you don't know where they are, ask here. some of us might be able to help.

:crossrc:

may eternal light shine upon her, and may you find peace within your grieving.

Copied and pasted:
I had surgery on my left hand on Oct. 11th, which means I must hunt and peck with my right hand. That is so slow that I plan to desert my usual grammar and spelling for the next few days, until I can use my left hand a little. Thank you all for your patience!

[quote="katemcj, post:1, topic:301860"]
any suggestions for readings for a funeral? Just lost my sister and am helping to plan her funeral Mass.
Thanks!

[/quote]

Condolences on the loss of your sister.

Your best resource is your parish. The Order of Christian Funerals provides a list of approved readings for funerals.

Here is a website which seems to list all the options
stbrendanchurch.org/lectionary/funeral/index.html

Thanks!

[/quote]

Wisdom 3:1-9 (I have read this reading at a funeral, it can be moving).

Thanks!

[/quote]

My sincere condolences on the loss of your sister. When my mother died, I read 1 Cor 13,1-8a.This is usually heard at weddings, but it was appropriate here, too.

If you haven't yet, please contact the parish where the Mass of Christian Burial is to take place. They likely have some resources to help. But, you aren't necessarily limited to those choices. If there is some passage of scripture that was especially meaningful to your sister, you may be able to select it. Talk with the priest.

May her soul, and the souls of all the faithful departed, through the mercy of God, rest in peace. Amen.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.