real-life repo

The other day a wrecker came down the street & since it isn’t well-plowed a lot of the cars are parked farther from the kerb than usual.

Sure enough, knocks on our next-door neighbor’s and apparenly asked her to move her car. She did, cutting it closer to the kerb and backing up. He took off, she went inside BUT just a minute later I hear the back-up alarm from the truck and when I look out he’s hooking her car up to her car!
By the time she came out screaming and swearing he was almost finished.
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

MORAL: if a tow-truck driver shows up at your door, hop in your car and take off!!

Was it the same man who towed her car who asked her to move her car?

If so she should complain!!!

Yes, it was.
But IF her car was being legitimately repo’ed (and I assume it was) due to falling behind on payments she has no reason to complain.

I imagine that repo-men and women would rather resort to these kinds of tricks, rather than be faced with the open hostility that so many of them are targeted with.

I’m ambivalent about the whole thing itself, but just an opinion on my part.

[quote="Lochias, post:4, topic:310698"]
I imagine that repo-men and women would rather resort to these kinds of tricks, rather than be faced with the open hostility that so many of them are targeted with.

[/quote]

I'm sure that's true. The confrontations on "reality" TVs shows are probably rare.

I'm ambivalent about the whole thing itself, but just an opinion on my part.

Well, it's probably like a lot of things, if banks or dealers couldn't repossess cars then only folks w/perfect credit ratings could by them.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.