Real mormons who practice pologomy here?

I am not talking about the LDS who wimped out and joined everyone else so they could get a tax break and be recognized as a religious organization. But where are the fundamentalist Mormons who practice pologomy? IF any are here tell me do you enjoy all your wifes?

Their leaders prohibit them from getting on the internet. It is too threatening to their faith.

Actually, I see your post as being abrasive and insulting to LDS people, and that is NOT what we need here. That is a part of their history, and they would rather let it rest. So cool it, or I will report you to mods.

[quote=Jerusha]Their leaders prohibit them from getting on the internet. It is too threatening to their faith.

Actually, I see your post as being abrasive and insulting to LDS people, and that is NOT what we need here. That is a part of their history, and they would rather let it rest. So cool it, or I will report you to mods.
[/quote]

I don’t think so Jerusha. There are groups of fundamentalist Mormons who may or may not want to post on this forum, simply because they themselves call themselves Mormons whether or not the mainstreamers do. Just as the SSPX might want to post on this forum even though the mainstream Catholic Church has suspended their priests. I think Maccabee is trying to satisfy a morbid curiosity though.
I’m not sure one should expect no radical mormon group to post here. We do not know for sure who is who on the forum. And I would be interested in hearing from them, simply because they are closer to what Joseph Smith originally founded than the distorted group we see today. The radical mormon thought can get us closer to the theology that started it all in the first place.

I think Maccabee is trying to satisfy a morbid curiosity though.

I agree with that one.

If there are any lurking, they are welcome to post, but I don’t think there are. According to what I have seen, they are too enslaved to their leaders, unless they have some doubts. We’ll see.

[quote=Jerusha]I agree with that one.

If there are any lurking, they are welcome to post, but I don’t think there are. According to what I have seen, they are too enslaved to their leaders, unless they have some doubts. We’ll see.
[/quote]

Many of my cousins are FLDS. In fact my grandfather’s brother founded Colorado City back in the 1930’s. My grandfather had four wives and 34 children. My mother was the second child from the third wife. The FLDS believe that John Taylor (the third president of the LDS Church) appeared to it’s founders in a vision shortly after the church rejected polygamy, and told them to keep the practice of polygamy alive.

To hear the story from my grandfather was quite compelling, since he was in the next room when the vision took place. He described miraculous events surrounding the vision that match and parallel other “miracle” events in LDS history. I can tell you that most of the FLDS are sincere in their desire to serve God despite how perverted they must seem to you all. I can also tell you that the FLDS are extremely fanatical in the way they hold to what was taught by Brigham Young and Joseph Smith. That is one of the reasons they try to avoid too much contact with outsiders. They do not want society to corrupt their way of life and their faith as it has done(in their view) to the mainstream LDS Church.

[quote=Maccabees]I am not talking about the LDS who wimped out and joined everyone else so they could get a tax break and be recognized as a religious organization.
[/quote]

Your premise is obviously false but why such hostility anyway? I’ve seen this pattern in your posts and suggest that you’ll attract more bees with honey.

[quote=Tmaque]Many of my cousins are FLDS. In fact my grandfather’s brother founded Colorado City back in the 1930’s. My grandfather had four wives and 34 children. My mother was the second child from the third wife. The FLDS believe that John Taylor (the third president of the LDS Church) appeared to it’s founders in a vision shortly after the church rejected polygamy, and told them to keep the practice of polygamy alive.

To hear the story from my grandfather was quite compelling, since he was in the next room when the vision took place. He described miraculous events surrounding the vision that match and parallel other “miracle” events in LDS history. I can tell you that most of the FLDS are sincere in their desire to serve God despite how perverted they must seem to you all. I can also tell you that the FLDS are extremely fanatical in the way they hold to what was taught by Brigham Young and Joseph Smith. That is one of the reasons they try to avoid too much contact with outsiders. They do not want society to corrupt their way of life and their faith as it has done(in their view) to the mainstream LDS Church.
[/quote]

So, Todd, would it be reasonable to say that they may view mainstream LDS as apostate itelf? That perhaps, FLDS view Joseph Smith’s attempt to create a Church to stand in the face of Apostate Church (Catholic) were again perverted in mainstream LDS Church? I am also wondering this: I hear a lot about the Catholic Church being Apostate- what about the other Christian churches surrounding LDS such as Baptists, Amish, Mennonites, Lutherans, Anglicans, Presbyterians, Methodists, and so on. Are they all apostate too, or do the Mormons view them in a seperate category? And what of the Orthodox Catholic religions? How do they fit in? They claim to have kept Catholicism pure and that it has been corrupted to a certain extent by the Romans. Are they then also apostate?

[quote=stillsearching]So, Todd, would it be reasonable to say that they may view mainstream LDS as apostate itelf? That perhaps, FLDS view Joseph Smith’s attempt to create a Church to stand in the face of Apostate Church (Catholic) were again perverted in mainstream LDS Church? I am also wondering this: I hear a lot about the Catholic Church being Apostate- what about the other Christian churches surrounding LDS such as Baptists, Amish, Mennonites, Lutherans, Anglicans, Presbyterians, Methodists, and so on. Are they all apostate too, or do the Mormons view them in a seperate category? And what of the Orthodox Catholic religions? How do they fit in? They claim to have kept Catholicism pure and that it has been corrupted to a certain extent by the Romans. Are they then also apostate?
[/quote]

The FLDS view the LDS Church much the same way the LDS Church views the Catholic Church. They believe the LDS Church has abandoned enough of the “truth” in it’s doctrine that it has fallen into a state of apostasy and has lost it’s authority. They believe that they alone hold the only valid priesthood on the earth today. They believe someone called “the one mighty and strong” will come to “set things in order”. Many believe that person will be a resurrected Joseph Smith. They don’t view themselves as a church per se. They view themselves as a remnant of true believers holding the true Gospel on the earth until God sends someone to restore it fully once again.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.