Real Shame, what happened to those 3 Christians martyred in Turkey

From www.persecution.org

2 of the 3 were converts from Islam. This was all videotaped by the muslim killers.

This is NOT for the weak of stomach. Read at your own risk.

They were disemboweled and had their intestines sliced up in front of their eyes. They were emasculated and had those body parts destroyed in front of them. Fingers were chopped off, noses and anuses sliced open. Tilman was stabbed 156 times, Necati 99 times, and Ugur’s were too many to count. Finally their throats were cut from ear to ear and they were nearly decapitated.

This is REAL SHAME. Even worse there are no protests from muslims. They just yawn. For them these were just infidels and apostates. But even worse then muslim indifference are those Christians who ignore this persecution.

Hey that’s not fair. They will give you lip service saying they’re really against it… that is, if a kafir bothers to question them. And isn’t that what really matters?

Once again we hear the sound of silence from the muslims on the board. They are to busy trying to silence me. Gee I am so mean, not like these nice muslim guys in Turkey.

Yesterday 4 missionaries were arrested in Istanbul (Constantinople). What a response to the murder of Christians! They arrest more of us. There are less then 1% of the Turkish population that is Christian, yet they see us as a “threat” that is greater then the terrorism. Remember how they protest if we arrest a muslim terrorist? Do you see any protests about this arrest or the murders? Nope.

For those who think I am to tough on muslims read the first post. I have yet to see Quakers or anyone else evidence any interest. I guess dead Christians aren’t a concern even for some Christians. If they were muslim and Christians did it what would be the reaction in the islamic world?

Excellent point. Since we already know how Muslims respond to cartoons, I can only GUESS at the reaction in the Muslim world if Christians tortured and killed Muslims in the same way. But it would no doubt include murder and mayhem in an effort to demonstrate how Islam is the religion of peace!

But in the wake of the Malatya killings, many journalists and politicians have begun to defend missionary activity as a basic right within the scope of religious freedom. Most notable was an unprecedented statement by Religious Affairs Director Ali Bardakoglu, who came out in support of individual freedom to share one ’ s beliefs. “ No, it is their natural right, ” Bardakoglu said according to an April 21 Hurriyet article, when asked whether missionary work was a danger to Turkey. “ We must learn to respect even the personal choice of an atheist, let alone other religions. ”

[quote=cestusdei]Do you see any protests about this arrest or the murders? Nope.
[/quote]

I see that the article says MANY have begun to defend missionary activity and I also see some selective quoting on your part, cestus.

I have not seen any protests. If a cartoon comes out muslims do not like or if the pope says something that offends them THEN you see protests, riots, and killings. If muslims had been killed this way then you can be sure they would have reacted. Dont try to con me. The Turks do not care and reacted by arresting Christians. I am not selective. I report what I see.

Do you mean that you DIDN’T see this paragraph from the website article you linked to?

But in the wake of the Malatya killings, many journalists and politicians have begun to defend missionary activity as a basic right within the scope of religious freedom. Most notable was an unprecedented statement by Religious Affairs Director Ali Bardakoglu, who came out in support of individual freedom to share one ’ s beliefs. “ No, it is their natural right, ” Bardakoglu said according to an April 21 Hurriyet article, when asked whether missionary work was a danger to Turkey. “ We must learn to respect even the personal choice of an atheist, let alone other religions. ”

Why should Muslims in Turkey be protesting about the Malatya killings when the Religious Affairs Director of the nation has said that the missionaries have the right to share their beliefs ?

And in case no one reads the article, the killings in question were done by some Islamic individuals, not by any official Muslim organization or especially not any Islamic government.

The latest street evangelists were arrested because of a woman’s complaint that they were disturbing the peace, not as a governmental reaction to the murders. You may think you report what you see but you are apparently a bit cross-eyed. (no religious pun intended)

Well eldon, someone draws a cartoon and the streets are filled with muslims on a rampage killing people. Do you see that happening? Look outside your window? Of course they will officially say “oh how terrible” and the government controlled media will echo it. But in reality this is not the first time this has happened nor will it be the last. The Turkish government is not doing anything to protect Christians. The Catholic Church is not even legal in Turkey. The Orthodox number about 3000 and are being driven out slowly. The Armenians, well you remember what happened to them don’t you?

When I see 100,000 muslims in the street screaming about this horrible crime against Christians and demanding full freedom and equality for them, then I might believe you.

Look out your window? See any such protest? You won’t.

And for a muslim, any Christian witnessing is disturbing the peace. So much for freedom of religion eh?

This story makes me sick:mad:
How long before the occupation of Constantinople ends???:confused:
I am fed up with Arabic Style Devil Worship and will not pretend that they are any sort of brothers to Christians or Jews.
WP

Hi y’all…the link does not work.

i am terrified that there are people in the world who could even imagine doing something so horrible… God grant the martyrs peace.

Actually, over a MILLION people rallied today in Turkey to protest the growing Islamic extremist influence in their country! Here’s the article:

news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070429/wl_nm/turkey_president_dc

I’m a professor of history at a major Southern college, and throughout my undergraduate years I had a very nice Turkish roommate that remains one of my best friends. I have also traveled extensively throughout the country of Turkey. Something that is hard to understand without actually traveling to the country is that Turkey gets more conservative the further east you go. Istanbul and western Turkey is very secular and relatively religiously tolerant. In all of my travels in western Turkey I have NEVER faced a single problem with my Catholic faith, and in fact, was treated extremely warmly by the general population. The east, however, tends to be more conservative and more illiterate. Extremism there has a lot to do with their neighbors and their lack of education (and, to be fair, a lack of respect by the Turkish majority for the Kurdish minority). While I was there, in addition to taking me around to the various historical Christian sites, like Hagia Sophia and Ephesus, my friend went out of his way to show me a church and a mosque that were located in the same building (separate facilities but physically connected to each other). The two congregations often collaborate on charitible fundraisers and so on.

Most Turks in the western half of the country are TERRIFIED of losing their separation of mosque and state. I can assure you, the majority of them, especially the young, do NOT want an Islamic state. That’s not to say that there isn’t a growing extremist problem there. But, the US has it’s share of intolerant Christian groups too, like Westboro Baptist Church, although again, admittedly, they aren’t likely to come and kill you. Still, I want to make the point that at least in Turkey, there ARE people who are very concerned about this. I can also assure you that my friend and his family loudly and publically voiced their disapproval of these killings.

I read the news about that. They were NOT protesting against the murder of Christians. They are more concerned about headscarves. I found another story on the Turkish Daily News that stated there has been an anti-Christian campaign going on for at least 5 years (it’s been longer then that I assure you). Where were the moderate muslims then? I want to see protests against the persecution of Christians by muslims. That will impress me.

Yes, it’s a shame.

Yes, we need to work to eradicate Islam, the Gnostic Heresy that they are.

I know... Every time a christian is killed, we should drop a grenade into the Qabaa or the Dome of the Rock! So every time we hear of one, more damage is done to the few artifacts they respect!

Seriously, Islam is a threat to ALL the world and to religious freedom, and is both a religion AND a political movement. Until we acknowledge that the later use is inherently opposed to all that most western cultures hold dear, and treat them as a political enemy, we are going to be beset by the unchecked and quietly applauded muslim crusade.

Oh, and some Muslim cleric issued a Fatwa against spain in the last few weeks.

Wow, how horrible. I didn’t go to the link, it’s too horrific to even read your opening post. :eek: :eek:

Europe is definately thinking twice before letting Turkey into the EU, that’s for sure. Even a moderate Muslim country has this tendency.

Jesus warned us beforehand. People will kill us thinking they’re doing it for God when they know neither the Father nor the Son.

This is horrendous! :eek: This is the face of evil. Barbarians!!

Vickie

Hi, InJESUS! Glad you’re back! :extrahappy:

Vickie

thx :smiley: always with you in heart and mind :wink:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.