Really feel sorry for us Catholics

I just visited the site today,and I saw the post "Ratzinger Video"(its on the left) ,so I went to look and found out that people were playing with the Pope's face(very disrepectful) and found more videos about saying the Pope is gay,evil and the Vatican is a headquarters of evil,and I read comments saying that 25th Dec is not Jesus birthday but the birth of a Sun God,then people said the Pope changed 25th Dec to Jesus Birthday to draw in people to Catholicism,Then saw some people say the bible is a fake and people commenting f```k the Pope and the church.:mad:

Sometimes I feel in doubt about my religion :( and I feel really angry because so many people from various organizations/religions/atheists hate us.:mad:

Hmmmppphhh.....:mad:I just dont know what to say...

Unless you have a very good knowledge of the Faith don't go to sites which bash Catholicism. Spend the time learning about your Faith.

We don't know when Jesus was born. We just celebrate it on 25th December. Back in Jesus' day records weren't kept like they are now. If you want to find out more about this go to Catholic Answers website and enter Jesus birth date in the Search box and heaps of information will come up.

catholic.com/radio/calendar.php

At the same site click on This Rock and you will find magazines which will help you learn more about the Faith and how to defend it.

When people attach the Faith ask them to show you the evidence for their claims and only accept Church documents not what some nutter has made up.
Sometimes I feel in doubt about my religion *
The Catholic Church was founded by Jesus Christ and the more you learn about her the less doubts you will feel.

feel really angry because so many people from various organizations/religions/atheists hate us.
You probably feel angry because you don't know how to answer the accusations people throw at you. Learn more about the Faith and your anger will lessen and your confidence and belief in the Faith will grow.

Jesus said: "If the world hates you, remember that they hated me first." John 15:18

You might like to go to the Phatmass phorum which is an apologetics forum for young people.

phatmass.com/

When you come across this trash report it to the mods and let them deal with it. This is disrespectful and I consider them to be attacks upon our faith and this site.

Hi
I don’t know where the video you mention is,and even if I did
I would not watch it.If it was here at CAF I hope you reported it
and it has been removed.It is very sad what you describe,
We Catholics need to just ignore these things though.
Often we will come across 'anti’catholic things.We should
pray for these people who know no better.
May God bless you for your concern.
A pleasure to chat with you.

I completely agree. And the more you believe, you’ll be shocked to find that God has stuff for you to do! :slight_smile:

You should check out a few Fr. Paul O’Sullivan books, especially All About the Angels. That one really got me started, since when I began thinking about all the angels at mass, they redirected my thoughts towards Who they were there for, and I was hooked :slight_smile:

One of the reason people bash the Church is to make believers angry and doubtful. If they find out their video upset you, they would get a good laugh because that is exactly what they were hoping for.

Don’t give those people an opportunity to hurt you. Ignore their videos and let them go find someone else to hurt.

I can understand wanting to turn from God when it appears He does care to help. But that is exactly the time for prayer to God asking for His mercy.

Keep the faith

CM

We knew this would happen, especially in the 20th century and on. Countless saints have said many things on these types of assaults, as has Our Lady in almost, if not all, of her apparitions. I will say it's disheartening to see, but the Church and her members are to be outcasts of the world.

[quote="BintuluChuchGuy, post:1, topic:182531"]
I just visited the site today,and I saw the post "Ratzinger Video"(its on the left) ,so I went to look and found out that people were playing with the Pope's face(very disrepectful) and found more videos about saying the Pope is gay,evil and the Vatican is a headquarters of evil,and I read comments saying that 25th Dec is not Jesus birthday but the birth of a Sun God,then people said the Pope changed 25th Dec to Jesus Birthday to draw in people to Catholicism,Then saw some people say the bible is a fake and people commenting f```k the Pope and the church.:mad:

Sometimes I feel in doubt about my religion :( and I feel really angry because so many people from various organizations/religions/atheists hate us.:mad:

[/quote]

"Blessed are you when they insult you and persecute you and utter every kind of evil against you because of me."

The above is of course a quote of Jesus Christ.

Have you read about Saints Perpetua and Kolbe?

fordham.edu/halsall/source/perpetua.html

catholic-pages.com/saints/st_maximilian.asp

They both suffered persecution.

God bless

I had some tough experiences of Anti-Catholic material you speak of.

I’ve actually heard people blatantly go tell people that whoever belongs to the Catholic Church is the Whore of Babylon.

I’ve also heard

“The Catholic Church is a whorehouse.”

“The Catholic Church is the headquarters of all evils.”

“The Catholic Church leads to eternal damnation in hell.”

“The Catholic Church is a pedophile whorehouse.”

“God hates the Roman Catholic Church.”

Basically anything in the book I’ve heard. It’s quite sad actually.

The best thing you can do is pray for them.

Grace and Peace,

If they did it to Jesus Christ, they’re going to do it to us. I hate to say it but we’ve got to get used to it, I’m afraid. Hang in there.

Peace, Blessing!

Read some good Catholic apologetics books and you'll feel happier :). Perhaps some good conversion stories would also help. There are a lot of excellent ones out there.

Maybe try reading some from the lives of the saints. Their teachings are so beautiful, and their spiritual and physical lives so marvelous, I'm sure it would be a blessing to you. Sometimes their teachings are deep and rigorous in a way that is hard for us to grasp, though, or accept, so when one has difficulties, it's best to bring them up on CAF and ask for other people's advice. Their teachings are full of mystical light, though.

Perhaps you might enjoy reading "A Story of a Soul," by St. Therese of Lisieux. I think you'd find it very uplifting. Either that or Padre Pio's bio . . . actually I very strongly recommend reading about Padre Pio. In fact, I'm off to go pray to him right now . . .

I think all this actually just shows that Catholicism is the true faith… Jesus said we will be hated, like He was/is hated, by the world :frowning:

the spirit of the world is contrary to God’s Spirit and that’s why there’s this hatred of the truth

[quote="BintuluChuchGuy, post:1, topic:182531"]

[/quote]

Hey why be sorry??? Yep seen some of those vidios and heard those words,,,,but.....so what,
I have beat hated for years because of my religion, faith of helping others and speaking aout Jesus and the Holy Spirit God in general, I've been spat on, my goods stolen, my daughter murderd, some tried to kill me, threatened in public meetings.
Well my friend my response is, Hey, this is good, I must be doing something good and God must be useing me well for satan to go through others to try to get rid of me.

PRAISE GOD my friend when people do that.
Just say to them WOW I must be doing something good for you to do the oposit to what Jesus tells us to do....Love one another!!!

Godbless
littleone

Just wanted to say littleone you are a real testament to faith.

I am so sorry for the tragic loss of your daughter and your suffering.
May God bless you and keep you for your strength of faith is wonderful.

Divine Mercy
Eternal God,
in whom mercy is endless
and the treasury of compassion

• inexhaustible,
    look kindly upon us
    and increase Your mercy in us,
    that in difficult moments
    we might not despair
    nor become despondent,
    but with great confidence
    submit ourselves to Your holy will,
    which is Love and Mercy itself.

Amen

Thank you for your compassion.

I can only say that as Job did I have been very blessed in the flesh, and when the Drs told my parents that at 12yrs they were going to take the life lines away from me, after shattering my skull from a head injury, a nun said the sign of the cross as dad told me to come on time to get up for school. I responded to the signing of the cross and my hand moved( so dad told me) I was in a coma for three weeks. The Dr saw my hand move and they kept the suport there and I got through it. I would like to carry on if ou don't mind because it relates to the praise and cussing by others.

10 months latter I went into another coma and was found to have menengitus, which they found I had a very long split in my scull, I had been knocked off my bike by a drunk driver. Latter it was a case of the operation killing or curing me Drs didn't know (1st opp like this in the world). I prayed to St Anthony for money I wanted to take to the hospital and had lost. I know I was told to fill a ditch i it being dangerious and in doing so there was the match box with my money in it (the first time of hearing God speak to me).

For me, this is when it all started happening, because i realised that where Dr's gave me up there had to be a God who I guessed was Love who really cared about me and wanted me alive for a reason. So, I offered my life to God since I knew now that love cannot hate and cannot do wrong to me so why not give my life over to this God who is Love.All went quite normal really and I got married and it wasn't until in the mid 20s on a retreat that i asked God for a person to guide me and in amongst the books on retreat i asked God for a person there right in the middle was a book called "A retreate with St Therese" I read it fell in love with the "little way" learned to denigh my flesh and live looking for as many ways to denigh. My first test ( if it's that) was on retreat when I felt that I could turn off the hot water ( it was the middle of winter) I said "God I cn't do this but You can" right then the hot water went off and I put my arms out in the form of the cross, and said "Yes Lord"
that was the first sign for me. andit grew and grew.

I have been so blessed and God's miricals and gifts to me are uncountable and astronomical in size at times. But in taking the good I have to be able to take what acts against the normal of the flesh, what we might call bad. I lost much a marrage a daughter almost my wife through her not listening to me, and much more, but...in all this I can only say The Lord gives and it is His to take at His will, praise be the Lord. I have been given a gift NO person can take from me and that counts more "love" is the gift i asked for want more and need to survive and that is all I need. No one can take it from me for my whole being is through and through in and out filled with a Love that only God has control of.

You might like this which I wrote yesterday morning from a dream.

"Love cloths herself in Humility,
Feeds herself on Mercy,
and lives by having Compassion for her children.
Love gives them Grace to live by, For love is ALL".
Love is ..."I AM"

Godbless
littleone

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.