Really Really Good Apologetical books

I have been thinking. I have noticed that most apoligetical books (at least the ones that I have read) deal only with a few big items (Papacy, confession, eucharist and the like) which is good but, I just realized that I can’t defend other things which arn’t ever covered (again to my knowledge) like confirmation, sacrementals, contraceptions, abortion, and the like. Does anyone know of any apologetical books that cover all (but, not limited to) things and more? Thanks and God bless.

Monti

Their are a set of Beginning Apologetics study guides sold at Catholic Ans. They cover a wide aray of topics are very affordable and give many references to other church documents, bible and such.
They are written by Father Frank Chacon & Jim Burnham at San Juan Catholic Seminars.
If you go back to the home page and go to shopping area you can do a search and They will come up.

God Bless
MM

CHECK OUT The Faith Explained by Leo J Trese excellent exhaustive book

[quote=MatsMom]Monti

Their are a set of Beginning Apologetics study guides sold at Catholic Ans. They cover a wide aray of topics are very affordable and give many references to other church documents, bible and such.
They are written by Father Frank Chacon & Jim Burnham at San Juan Catholic Seminars.
If you go back to the home page and go to shopping area you can do a search and They will come up.

God Bless
MM
[/quote]

I’ve have been reading those books and they are wonderful. If your interested, Montie Claunch, I’ve listed the topics they cover (book 8 is not yet out, but should be soon, I hope! :))

Book 1: The Eucharist, Canon of the Bible, Sola Scriptura, The Papacy, Marian Doctrines, Confession, Scandals in the Chuch, Prayers to the Saints, Purgatory, and a few miscellaneous questions.

Book 2 helps you refute Jehovah’s Witnesses beliefs on: the Merely Human Jesus, the 144,000, Refusal of Blood Transfusions, Annihilation of the Soul, and a Temporary Hell. It also deals with the following Morman docrines: The Great Apostasy, Continuing Revelation, the Plurality of Gods, Baptism of the Dead, and Celestial Marriage.

Book 2.5 refutes the Jehovah’s Witness that the Trinity is false.

Book 3 is a fuller discussion of the Eucharist

Book 4 teaches you arguments for refuting atheists and new agers.

Book 5 discusses: Abortion, Euthanasia, Reproductive Technology, Cloning, and Contraception.

Book 6 is devoted to defending our Marian beliefs

Book 7 is about all about how to read the Bible. It goes into more detail in regard to the Canon and Sola Scriptura, and also shows you how to recognize the errors of dissident scholars.

Book 8 (forthcoming) will discuss the Rapture, Purgatory, Indulgences, Heaven, Hell, and other issues related to the end times.

I also find Patrick Madrid’s Book "Where is That in the Bible"
Very Handy, You can find things quickly if you’ve not quite got them memorized (Like Myself :slight_smile: )

MM

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.