Rebellion/not caring for the poor

I am straying away from my relationship with God. I test God’s mercy by delibrately sinning knowing afterwards that I will be forgiven if I ask. I have little compassion for the poor, and am similar to the story of the rich man and Lazarus. Sometimes I’m sin satisfied, and reluctant to change my way. I am living from one fleshly lust to another, like St. Jude’s epistle. I am sinning then calling my brethern to pray for me. I say Lord Lord and then not do what He asks me to do. I am selfcentered. Pray God will intervene in my life again and change me to be a good disciple of Christ, humble and unselfish. I also hurt my body with binge eating.

Hail Mary,
full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the Fruit Of Thy Womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

Hail Mary,
full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the Fruit Of Thy Womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
Amen

“knowing that I will be forgiven afterwards if I ask?” Need to read the fine print bud, not if you are not truly contrite, and not if you have no intention of trying to avoid sin in the future.

Having said which, do not despair. We all struggle with a certain amount of self-centredness and a certain amount of slackness in our devotion to God.

God does wish your salvation, and does wish you to be His faithful disciple, more than you could possibly wish these things for yourself. Be confident of His help if you sincerely want it.

Prayers for you, especially to St Francis of Assisi, who had an aversion to lepers but through the grace of God came to see and love Christ in them (as in ‘whatsoever you do to the least of these, that you do to me…’)

Lord, help this good soul who knows his/her weaknesses to turn his/her life around. This person is sorry and wants to change. Please grant him/her the graces needed for conversion and spititual growth. May this person try and get to daily Mass if that could be arranged and spend time in eucharistic adoration and spiritual reading to help build his/her spirit with real nourishment. This person needs the graces from the sacraments to change so please help him/her frequent the sacraments and engage in spiritual reading, works of mercy, adoration, etc. as much as possible. May he/she find in EWTN a spring of water for his/her spiritual thirst. I pray you grant special graces to this person to motivate him/her to pick up a good Catholic book on prayer or something that will help. May this person take time to pray to you every day and tell you about all the concerns and problems that are stumbling blocks so you can help remove these stumbling blocks and problems. Amen.

But you are humble enough to honestly admit it.
Why are you so unhappy that you’re not looking after your true good?
Please ask Jesus in spirit to sit near you and tell Him everything.
Tell Him everything as if you can see Him, and ask Him to work through these things with you.

Regarding others…You only got your own consciousness or awareness, not anyone elses. Just sometimes think "how would I feel it I were him/her if I treat them this way. You know very well how you feel. That’s a clue as to how someone else might feel. This is where sense of self (and even selfishness!) is a good thing! It teaches us how to be kind to others.
Make a start. You’ll fail sometimes. Try again however many times…Start with small kindnesses when you can, even just a kind word, or a nice smile.

May God help you with all this.
St Francis and St Augustine are a couple of many saints who started off as sinners. St Augustine was particularly entrenched in sin for many years.

You’ll be in my prayers.
Warm wishes, Trishie

Our Father, Who art in Heaven, hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come.
Thy Will be done, on earth, as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread,
And forgive us our trespasses,
As we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.
Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now,
Amen.

Prayer to Our Lady, Mother of Mercy

Blessed Virgin Mary, who can worthily repay you with praise and thanks for having rescued a fallen world by your generous consent! Receive our gratitude, and by your prayers obtain the pardon of our sins. Take our prayers into the sanctuary of heaven and enable them to make our peace with God.

Holy Mary, help the miserable, strengthen the discouraged, comfort the sorrowful, pray for your people, plead for the clergy, intercede for all women consecrated to God. May all who venerate you feel now your help and protection. Be ready to help us when we pray, and bring back to us the answers to our prayers. Make it your continual concern to pray for the people of God, for you were blessed by God and were made worthy to bear the Redeemer of the world, who lives and reigns forever. Amen.

Saint Augustine of Hippo 

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.