Reblessing new scapular/ Replacing strings?

I am not invested in the scapular of any color or order. I simply had a brown scapular blessed. Do I need to have any new scapular reblessed or does the blessing transfer. Also can I replace the strings on a scapular or do I need to buy a new one. Thank you so much for your help.

I had a brown scapular blessed. I am not invested in any scapular. Do I need to have any new scapular reblessed or does the blessing transfer over? Also, can I replace the strings of a scapular? Thank you for your help and God Bless. Enjoy your day

The scapular is a symbol of enrollment in a spiritual confraternity. This enrollment takes place when one is invested with the scapular, which includes a priest’s blessing. If you have been enrolled, and invested with the scapular, then you do not need to have a new scapular blessed. If you never were invested, you need to be invested in the first place.

What Marshall said.

But…I’d consider getting a scapular medal. Those strings are always going to get worn, icky, and you’ll have the same problem. Maybe some don’t like them since they are not the “original type”. But it’s an alternative. Don’t know if priests approve of them or not, but you can get them at most Catholic religious shops.

I do repair our scapulars. I haven’t ever replaced the strings completely. When the scapular gets worn out enough we simply replace it.

That said, the entire family has been enrolled in the brown scapular confraternity. We don’t get new scapulars blessed, just start wearing them.

aaa

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.