Rebuttals for Gender Theory

When I get into an argument with someone regarding Gender Theory, they try to distinguish between sex and Gender. They also claim that there is more than two Genders. Any rebuttals for Gender theory as a whole?

Gender Ideology Harms Children https://www.acpeds.org/the-college-speaks/position-statements/gender-ideology-harms-children

Sexuality and Gender http://www.thenewatlantis.com/publications/number-50-fall-2016

Psychiatry Professor: ‘Transgenderism’ Is Mass Hysteria Similar To 1980s-Era Junk Science http://thefederalist.com/2016/11/17/psychiatry-professor-transgenderism-mass-hysteria-similar-1980s-era-junk-science/

APA researcher explodes myth: Gays aren’t ‘born that way’ https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/psychology-researcher-lesbian-blows-the-doors-off-born-gay-theory

There is xx and xy only.

Might also mention the downside - a 40% suicide rate after surgery.

Over 1500 known genetic differences between male and female.

I know this isn’t a formal response, but I always find it interesting how people who have transgender thoughts say “my gender is not determined by my sex,” but then they’ll happily try to change their sex to reflect their preferred gender. It’s almost like, despite what they say, they recognize that the body does have something to do with gender.

The distinction between sex and gender is not something they’re making up, and it is something to be taken seriously, within limits. Gender is something defined by culture, and gender involves roles that often – but not always – overlap with biological sex. There are some ancient cultures with three genders: three detailed ways that people were supposed to behave in the culture, in regards to patterns of sexual and non-sexual behavior.

So you’re not going to win an argument by saying that there ARE only two genders, since the word proves you wrong. Rather, the Catholic approach as I understand it is to say that human flourishing is promoted by people acting in accordance with their biological sex. We do not determine our sexual nature; it is given to us naturally. When people rebel against their sexual nature, it tends to lead toward suffering, not flourishing. Thus, even if there are however many genders, it would be best if there were only two.

It’s important to note, though, that simply forcing people into gender stereotypes is not the solution. The stronger and more exclusive our sexual stereotypes, the more incentive people have to rebel against them.

Also, it’s important to realize that there are genuinely intersex people. Catholics should not deny transgenderism in such an aggressive way as to alienate people who are genuinely confused about whether they were born male or female. Indeed, we should be open to research on this topic. If it turned out that some people have “brain sex” that is genuinely at odds with their body sex, I’m not sure what the right and loving approach would be.

This is not true. Some people are born with mutations: xxy, xyy, and so on. And I believe it’s possible to be born with genitalia that do not match your chromosome type. These conditions are often called “intersex” conditions.

It started with one male and one female, designed by God.

I agree. But God has allowed intersex conditions to exist, and these people are clearly human, and clearly loved by God.

Very rare. We all have degenerative mutations.

Easy peasy. As Genesis says, God created them man and woman. There is only man and woman. Anything else is total BS.

If anyone says otherwise, rest assured knowing that they are wrong, and you are right. So called “Gender Theory” is just as real as Mickey Mouse. :roll_eyes:

GOD made them male and female, enough said. There are very rare instances of a person being born with the sexual organs of both genders but that is a rare medical situation. God does NOT make mistakes. God makes all things good and all things for His glory. If there is a certain gender issue then that person must ask God to help him/her carry that cross and offer it up, not try to change what God has made.

It’s the WORLD telling people who question their attractions, their genders, their roles in life to do what you want. Do what makes you happy. DO what ever you feel like doing.

God tells us He did NOT send His Son to die on that cross to make us happy but to give us Eternal Salvation through knowing, loving and serving Him (by carrying our own crosses) in this life so we can be with Him in Heaven for Eternity.

When you distinguish between sex and gender what gender becomes is basically a set of activities you do. Thus, sexual mutations have nothing to do with this. That is a different conversation. With this new idea of gender, you could feel like being a “male” and doing “male” things today. Gender seems to come from your desire to do something. If gender does not come from biological functions it comes from your mind. Therefore, it can change.

However, if it does come from your mind (as we said, it is not biological) that means you are automatically gender fluid. Every single person on this planet can change his or her mind. Thus, everyone is gender fluid.

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Identify as an attack helicopter and demand that they respect your gender.

OK I am NO expert but all sexual action begins in the mind-----whether someone is heterosexual or homosexual. But what the person does with that thought and how they follow through with that is a complete choice. This goes for single or married individuals. We control what our body does with any sexual thoughts. We make choices. We answer for the choices we make relating to this subject.

Can you explain to me what homosexuality has to do with transgenderism?

Good point. I was just thinking out loud. I might have to revise that.

The biggest rebuttal is that “gender diversity” is an artificial construct. There is a good reason that all the freakshows are and have been since antiquity in cities. Blue hair, fatness, short hair, these things don’t exist in nature. It’s not “natural” in the sense of anthropology. Since man is different from animals, he can go against his nature and “think up” anything he wants.
The fallacy that since we CAN be a freak, proves that CIS-gendered people are brainwashed to be CIS is a fallacy. I can live in solatary confinement and have sex with a car battery. Doesn’t mean that it’s my gender identity.
The constitution of females makes them be effiminate. And visa versa for males. The same way the constitution of adults makes them not want to jump skiprope. Doesn’t mean they can’t if they wanted to.
We are not transphobes. We simply recognize that these people have a mental illness. We also recognize that these mental illnesses happen more often in more civilized societies than agrarian ones.

Oh boy… degenerative mutations. Here we go.

Having short hair is a ‘freak show’?

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.