Receiving a rose from Saint Therese

If you receive a real rose before the Novena ends, does It mean that your prayer will be answered ? And receiving a rose means that your prayers will be answered or that the Saint is interceding for us ?

It Could mean both.
https://www.littleflower.org/therese/st-therese-faqs/#what-did-she-mean-by-her-shower-of-roses

What did she mean by her “shower of roses”?

Experience has shown that St. Therese’s “shower of roses” is both figurative and actual. As she was dying in the convent infirmary, Therese could look out and see the rose bushes blossoming. She loved roses. She had thrown rose petals as a Child before the Blessed Sacrament. As she reflected on her quiet, hidden, and gentle life ending, she believed in faith that God had great things in store for her. She believed that her mission was only beginning as she entered the fullness of life with God. She explained: “After my death, I will let fall a shower of roses. I will spend my heaven doing good upon earth. I will raise up a mighty host of little saints. My mission is to make God loved…”

Shortly after her death, the rain of roses began. Sometimes roses literally appeared, and sometimes just the fragrance of them. Cures of painful and fatal diseases and many other miraculous experiences were attributed to her intercession. Sometimes people found inner peace and regained an inner warmth of spirit and confidence, by appealing to St. Therese. Many miracles and actions of St. Therese do not involve roses. More often than not, marvelous things happen in people’s lives as they ask for her heavenly intercession. The miracles, healings and inner peace come from the trust one places in God, not from any manifestation of roses. St. Therese lived in the dark night of the senses and spirit, with little consolation. Thus, the friends and followers of St. Therese expect no consolation of sighted roses that their prayers are being answered. Her “little way” is about child-like trust and gentle love. She is the great apostle of faith in God’s love, not simple reliance on physical signs. Jesus warned us, and Therese experienced that the desire for signs is a sign of weak faith. It is always important to remember that St. Therese did not experience extraordinary phenomena in her life. Her faith was refined and strengthened by God.

Roses are Therese’s signature. It is her way of whispering to those who need a sign that she has heard, and God is responding. Thousands of people have given witness to the way Therese responds to their petitions and prayers with grace and roses. The grace is more important than the roses. So many miracles have happened through the intercession of St. Therese without any roses appearing - usually the deep inner peace of accepting God’s will and seeing His loving plan and presence is the “rose” experienced. Sometimes the lack of a physical “rose signature” is an affirmation of a strong faith.

No.
That kind of thinking is superstitious and, as Catholics, we have to be careful of that kind of thinking.

It depends on your faith what it means, and also what you asked St. Therese. Did you ask her specifically for a rose to signify something?

She may also show you roses just to let you know she is paying attention to your concern, and that God loves you.

But you shouldn’t think that getting a rose means “your prayer will be answered” . All prayers are answered, rose or not. Often we just don’t like the answer.

I’ve received roses from her, and also a holy card.

This too. She wouldn’t have to leave me something now to let me know and actually I’d feel bad about asking her any more since she did it two separate times.
I didn’t ask her for the holy card, that just showed up.

Yeah, I know it sounds superstitious, but she does send roses… I received in a way that It could not be a coincidence, I am pretty sure… Even in the history of the Novena, we can see that the creator of the prayer was a priest. He asked her roses as signs that his prayers would be answered… and he received the roses and the graces

Yea ,i asked her for Red Roses,and i received it with in few hours,nice to hear from you too,yes your right ,once we have a personal relationship with our favorite saints ,we know longer need signs and wonders ,that would be embarrassing for both of us right!.we just need to call on their names ,and they would understand more than we can expect.now a day i ask for spiritual needs like humility and holiness Jn 3:30 .

I prayed the Novena, I did not ask for a specific rose. But the novena says that “ send me a rose as a sign that my prayer will be answered”. On the fourth day of the Novena, I was at church, and they were giving roses there to some people who had finished another Novena, to Our Lady ( It was not my case). In the end of the Mass, a lady that serves in the church, randomly picked a rose, gave to me and said: “ A rose from Our Lady to you”. She only gave the Rose to me, besides the other people who finished the other Novena. It can’t be only a coincidence, I think.

Well then, that seems quite straightforward, doesn’t it? Your prayer has been heard.

Be sure to thank Our Blessed Lady for her involvement in this as well as St. Therese.

Yes, I am pretty sure Saint Therese and Our Lady interceded. It is obvious ( the other times that I prayed the Novena I did not receive a straightforward sign, but I saw roses everywhere, people mentioning roses and Saint Therese all the time… I received images of roses too, but I did not receive a real rose.)
I am very grateful.
The only doubt that was left is If It was a sign that I will receive the grace or It was a straightforward sign that both are interceding for me…
the prayer says that the rose is a sign that you will receive the grace… but there are some people who say that It is a sign Saint Threse is interceding… that is why I am kind of confused

I’ve prayed the novena a couple of times & received roses in unexpected ways. I think this will vary from person to person & in different situations. Since the first experiences I had, I sometimes just talk to St. Therese about things informally, almost like she’s a friend on the “other side”! :blush:

Recently I had three very meaningful experiences with this. The first time was last summer after my 96 year old dad broke his hip & was in rehab, struggling & depressed & he said “I’ll never get out of this place”. I was upset and had to leave the room, & just talking to St. Therese in my head. I asked her to pray for us, & remember thinking, “he’ll be fine, right? He WILL get out of this place and come home?” A day or two later I went into another room at the rehab to borrow a little table, & there was a vase on it with a single red rose in it. It wasn’t a real rose, but it was there, in an empty room where nothing else had been altered. I stopped in my tracks, & I swear I heard her say, “yes, he will leave here & go home, but it won’t be as you expect, & it will be hard.” It scared me, but I believed it. And he did get released, & came home after a time. It was difficult, in so many ways, for both of us.

That was August. In October Dad faced another health crisis & wound up back in the same rehab. His condition deteriorated, and on Thanksgiving day he died there.

The day before his funeral, I had another talk with Therese. It was very spontaneous. Dad loved her so much, & as I was getting ready to go to the visitation, I suddenly had the thought, “Oh my, Dad might actually be WITH St. Therese RIGHT NOW, just think!” I burst into tears. I remember sobbing & I said to her, “Please, please Therese, tell me he is there with you! Tell me he made it & is with you in heaven!” All I could think was, well, it’s a funeral so of course there will be flowers, & probably roses, so I can’t expect this from Therese, right? We had ordered red, white and blue flowers on the casket. So I thought, “pluck me a yellow rose from your heavenly bouquet, Therese. A yellow rose, and I’ll know he made it and is with you.” I don’t like asking for signs. It seems a little impertinent to me. But I was so swallowed up by grief. We went to the visitation. As we were leaving the little chapel afterward, I got stopped in my tracks again. In the garden was one yellow rose. It was the only one, and it was half red. I thought, “Purgatory?” What did this mean? I kept praying.

We had to go to another state for the burial three days later. After the service at the cemetery, my sister & I walked around to visit other family graves. We walked into the cemetery proper, & right there was an enormous rose bush, bursting with huge yellow blooms. He made it! I know he did! Oh gosh, I cannot express the joy I felt & the overwhelming comfort in the midst of all that grief! I will always pray for him. But I cannot express how comforting that was for me.

Some will say this is superstition, or coincidence, or whatever. But I believe, I really do. I have a very good friend in Heaven, and my Dad is right there with her! :heart:

@littleflowerforever

Have you heard of Saint stalkers and what to do about them? , well a few saints did pursue me and one of them was St Theresa of Child Jesus and another one was St Theresa of Calcutta whom i didn’t know much about and yet by God’s mercy they knew me .They use to come in my dreams and answered my prayers for healing of one of may close family member even thought i didn’t ask them to pray for and they also gave me my spiritual directions ,and major decisions of my life,people would give me roses often and mention her name and books of the life of these saints and prayer books, prayer cards ,picture,that’s really awesome

Saint stalkers and what to do about them

Maybe their names keep coming up in conversations about the faith. Maybe pictures of them, with quotes from their written works have been lighting up your social media feeds. Maybe your pastor mentions them in the homily or maybe you suddenly have the desire to learn more about them. They can be some of your favorite people, or they can be someone you’ve never heard about before. Yes, I am talking about saint stalkers.

@littleflowerforever Thanks for your post ,it made really happy to rekindle the devotions to these saints

@Tis_Bearself That’s really wonderful experience with the St Theresa of Child Jesus

@Awen_Kerdh Thanks for sharing you experiences ,that’s really Awesome!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.