Receiving Comminion

I plan to become Catholics so I have been thinking about this.
If a Catholic, on a Sunday, is really angry with the Lord and just can't stand thinking about Him does the person still go to Communion?

[quote="godismybestpal, post:1, topic:309929"]
If a Catholic, on a Sunday, is really angry with the Lord and just can't stand thinking about Him does the person still go to Communion?

[/quote]

No...such would not be "well disposed" in my book.

Here a Licentiate of Sacred Theology (STL) answers that proper prerequisites for Holy Communion are state of grace, Eucharistic fast, and devotion and attention both interiorly and exteriorly. Holy Communion without devotion is called vain and neglectful one possibly sacrilegious. The following passage from the Catechism of the Catholic Church is quoted:

1387 To prepare for worthy reception of this sacrament, the faithful should observe the fast required in their Church. Bodily demeanor (gestures, clothing) ought to convey the respect, solemnity, and joy of this moment when Christ becomes our guest.

[/quote]

Being angry with G*D (the Lord) is a grave sin unto itself. Therefore receiving Holy Communion under these circumstances would be sacriledge -thereby compounding the offense.

There must be proper disposition. I don't think anger is a mortal sin, though there is such thing as sins of thought.

[quote="R_C, post:5, topic:309929"]
There must be proper disposition. I don't think anger is a mortal sin, though there is such thing as sins of thought.

[/quote]

Anger can be a mortal sin, especially if it is against God.

[/quote]

After I miscarried the first time, I was so angry at God, my husband, myself, anyone who had a child, and the whole world in general, that I could not bring myself to receive Communion. I still went to Mass, though.

The feeling of anger is not a mortal sin. It depends on how you act on the anger....If you can't stand thinking about the Lord it is probably best to wait til you are in a state of union with the Lord and His people.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.