Receiving First Eucharist Tomorrow

I am 19 years old, I have gone through RCIA, and if everything goes as planned, I will be receiving my first Eucharist tomorrow :slight_smile: my only question is this. My RCIA director told me that I will be able to “receive the Body of Christ” tomorrow, by this does he mean that I should only receive the Body, and not the Blood? I am kind of confused. It could be that I am overthinking things as well… :blush: :shrug:

Remember, “the body” is present in both the host and the chalice, as is “the blood” – Christ is fully present in both. So take one, take both, take the other . . . you may fully rejoice, as will we with you!! :thumbsup:

God Bless you! So happy for you!
Woo-hooooooooooooooo!

May God’s peace abide with and in you forever.
:harp:

That is kind of what I was thinking, but I didn’t want to make a mistake at such an important moment in my life :blush: haha. Thank you for your reply :slight_smile:

Thank you! :slight_smile: I’m very excited.
Not only do I get to receive my first Eucharist tomorrow, but my parents (they are both protestants) have agreed to go with in support of me, and I’m using this opportunity to get them to experience the Mass for the first time as well :slight_smile:

Welcome Home to the Catholic Church, as a Convert myself, don’t forget we are still newbie so we have to keep reading, a good book to get is - no pun intended- this book is also good for Catholics who are a bit weak on the Catholic knowledge is

I. Catholicism for Dummies - can get in any Catholic Bookshop or Amazon/you can get the same for understanding the Mass also.

next best is

1. Catechism of the Catholic Church.

2. A Catholic Bible with everything in it.

3. Reading of the Saints/

4. Try saying the Rosary, even do it On Line (U Tube)

Try Eucharistic Adoration/ even if you come across a book explaining well worth while picking this up.

Only trying to help from one newbie to another.

God Bless.

I have heard of that book (Catholicism for Dummies) and have thought about getting it in the past! I think I will invest in a copy in the near future :slight_smile:

I have the Catechism, a New American Bible, and have said quite a few Rosaries :slight_smile: all of them have proven to be great tools for my journey into the Catholic Church.

I have wanted to try Eucharistic Adoration for some time now, and would like to in the near future. I would also like to do some more reading of the Saints.

Thank you for your tips :slight_smile: that is one thing I love about the Catholic Church; I feel like it will be a lifetime’s worth of learning :slight_smile:

That’s great news, I hope the big day is a wonderful experience! I will hopefully be having the same experience at the Easter Vigil this year.

God bless you and I hope your parents enjoy the Mass - I’m sure they are proud of you. :slight_smile:

May God bless you with His presence and in receiving Him, the Holy Spirit may make home in you and stay always with you. :smiley:

Welcome my dear, here we are all brothers and sisters in Christ.

In the love of God,
Gloria

I personally bring my Bible with me when I am doing Eucharistic Adoration and take a few lines from it to meditate on what could be better, all I can say to you is, your on a fantastic journey, there is something new to learn around every corner, its a Journey of Discovery of a 2000 old Church founded by Our Lord and not by some man .

Catholicism is pre denominational.
We are the Originals.

Catholicism is Christianity at its fullest expression.

Its just a Wow :thumbsup::signofcross:

We will pray for your Parents that they are able to take something away from the Mass, even if its your Joy and the tiny mustard seed that you might have planted to them.

May the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob shine His face upon you always.

Congratulations MarshallJackson :slight_smile:

I believe he means just the ‘body’ as that is all most people recieve at mass, very rarely do they give the ‘blood’ to the laity too, because the body contains the blood as well, in the Eucharistic miracles, the body has turned into flesh and blood, the two are intertwined, he is wholly present, body, blood, soul and divinity in both.

Before you recieve your first communion, I would like to ask you to read this short booklet called ‘The Holy Mass’

loveandmercy.org/Eng-HM-Reg.pdf

This booklet contains the Roman Catholic IMPRIMATUR and is part of the Apostolate of the New Evangelization set up by Pope John Paul II.

(When a Roman Catholic Bishop grants his “Imprimatur” to a printed work, he assures the reader that nothing therein is contrary to Catholic Faith or Morals. This Imprimatur is not given lightly, but only after a thorough review process).

Thank you for reading
Josh

Congratulation it is wondering to see a new person joining in the celebration of The Holy Eucharist.

Welcome home! I have already been to Mass today; I hope your first holy communion was wonderful and that you have many many subsequent communions.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.