Receiving the Eucharist during the Easter season

I received the Eucharist on Easter Sunday. Does this fulfill the requirement? I assume that it does, but I just want to make sure.

Yes.

I assume you’re attending Mass on Sundays and holy days of obligation, which is required whether or not we receive Communion at every Mass. And you may already know this, but the Church encourages frequent reception of Holy Communion, provided we are in a state of grace, and not otherwise impeded.

Yes, I fulfill all Mass obligations.

And you may already know this, but the Church encourages frequent reception of Holy Communion, provided we are in a state of grace, and not otherwise impeded.

Yes, I know.

Thank you for the reply! :slight_smile:

Of course! The “Easter Season” begins at the Easter Vigil. For the purposes of the Precept, the Season of Lent is also included as part of the Easter Season, for the sake of those who live in remote areas and only see a priest once a year.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.