Recent verses that have inspired you

James 3: 17-18
But the wisdom from above is first of all pure, then peaceable, gentle, compliant, full of mercy and good fruits, without inconstancy or insincerity.

And the fruit of righteousness is sown in peace for those who cultivate peace

It is a beautiful chapter. I was sitting last night in the chapel going through the New Testament looking for something in the Epistles other than Paul’s.

How about wisdom that is “peaceable, gentle, compliant, full of mercy and good fruits, without inconstancy or insincerity.”

Wow! to live THAT.

Another translation had, “The fruit of justice is sown in peace…”

:signofcross:

A verse that has spoken to me deeply recently is this:

“Come, you must set your heart right. Stretch out your hands to him. Renounce the iniquity that stains your hands, let no injustice live within your tents. Then you may face the world in innocence, unwavering and free from fear. You will forget your sufferings, remember them as waters that have passed away. Your life, more radiant than the noonday, will make a dawn of darkness. Full of hope you will live secure, dwelling well and safely guarded.” - Job 11:13-18

Wow! Thanks for sharing!

The following strikes me every day during morning prayer:

"You, My child shall be called
The prophet of the Most High,
For you will go before the Lord to prepare His way,
To give his people knowledge of salvation
By the forgiveness of their sins.

In the tender compassion of our Lord
The dawn from on high shall break upon us,
to shine on those who dwell in darkness
And the shadow of death,
And to guide our feet into the way of peace. " Luke 1:76-79

if we could only remember these well and live by them.:thumbsup:

Perfect words to start the day.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.