Recieving the Eucharist after unknowingly committed mortal sin

I've committed "sins against chasity with myself", but I have stop this habitual sin since I found out it was a mortal sin, which has been around a month, though I don't think it matters too much. My questions is, is it ok for me to recieve the Eucharist before my next confession?

[quote="KFC, post:1, topic:187250"]
I've committed "sins against chasity with myself", but I have stop this habitual sin since I found out it was a mortal sin, which has been around a month, though I don't think it matters too much. My questions is, is it ok for me to recieve the Eucharist before my next confession?

[/quote]

you can't unfortunately :(

[/quote]

If you stopped this habitual sin immediately after finding out that it was a mortal sin, then you have not committed a mortal sin. To commit a mortal sin, the sin must meet three specific criteria:

1. Must be a grave matter. If you do not know which sins are considered grave, find a good Examination of Conscience.

2. Must be committed with full knowledge. In other words, you know it's a mortal sin.

3. Must be committed with full consent. Again, you must know it's a mortal sin and willfully distance yourself from God by committing the sin anyways.

I don't know how others here will feel, but I think that you are technically allowed to receive Holy Communion if you want to. If it's possible to get to Confession prior to your next Mass, I would try to do so, but I do not believe you are required to do so since you did not know the sins were grave in matter. In fact, I'm not sure how you can even confess a sin you did not know was a sin. When you do go to confession, you can mention the sins you committed but let the confessor know you did not know they were mortal at the time.

If I'm incorrect, I hope someone corrects me. This is my personal interpretation.

[/quote]

Yes, its ok. In order to be culpable for a mortal sin it is required that you know its a mortal sin. Since you didn't know then you are not guilty of mortal sin. But even though you're not guilty of a mortal sin you still sinned so I'd recommend confessing it but you can go to communion until then.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.