Recipe for meatloaf

[quote="mellowcalico, post:19, topic:222862"]

Good luck with the meatloaf LongJohnSilver! The nice thing about meatloaf is you don't have to be perfect with it.

[/quote]

Exactly. It's a great dish because you can get very creative with it. Some people add strips of bacon on top...some breadcrumbs. Some might spice it up with a chilli sauce, others like it more mild. You can use various seasonings to your taste...rosemary, thyme, - or oregano, paprika, basil...heck...whatever you like. Once you figure out the combo you enjoy, it'll be a staple dish for years to come! Kinda like meatballs! Everyone has their own way of making meatballs. It's all good. :)

What is this "second day" of meatloaf you talk about? All mine gets eaten :p

[/quote]

There are just two of us, so there are usually leftovers. I like mine just slightly warmed in the microwave, sliced and placed on multi-grain toast spread with butter. If I've made the Indian meatloaf, I like that sandwich for breakfast.

Do you have onion soup MIX in Europe????

What is this "second day" of meatloaf you talk about? All mine gets eaten :p

[/quote]

Even though I make homemade mashed potatoes to go with it, the first day of meatloaf is really just for show. It's the sandwiches I'm truly after!

Before my kids all flew the coop, I used to make 2 meat loaves at a time, so there would always be "left-overs" for good sammies.

[quote="petitfleur, post:23, topic:222862"]
Do you have onion soup MIX in Europe????

[/quote]

If you mean the powder to make soup from, we do. :)

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.