Recipe for Summer Pot

hahahahahaha! now WHAT were you all thinking?
shame on you. :eek:
Ravyn

Summer Pot

2 pounds ground turkey or very lean beef browned in
1/2 cup olive oil

*set aside in large stockpot.
(in addition you can also add another pound of cubed
chicken, ham, sausage, shrimp or fish.)

2 very large red slicing tomatoes-ripe
2 large yellow tomatoes
4 medium green tomatoes or 8 tomatillas
4 medium green bell peppers
2 large yellow bell peppers
2 large red bell peppers
4 medium sweet white or yellow onions

**all coarsely sliced into large pieces.
*add to stockpot with meat and toss to cover with oil–
add more olive oil if needed.

1 pound white corn kernels-can be frozen or fresh
4 --8oz. boxes of Zatarain’s Jambalaya Mix
12 cups water
1 teaspoon curry powder
salt and pepper to taste

*add remaining to stockpot and bring to boil, cover tightly,
and reduce heat to simmer for 25 minutes.

*recipe can be halved or make full amount and freeze or share!
this is great for Get-Togethers or Church-Suppers! (and costs virtually nothing if you use your own garden grown veggies!)

Zatarain’s? :bigyikes: Outside of Louisiana? :bigyikes: Oh be still my heart!

lol:D

:thumbsup: We’ve had it at the grocery stores up North for years!

Yup, and apparently they’ve released lower-sodium versions of some of their rice mixes. :thumbsup:

We LOVE it … here in KY …
it makes me look like a real cook!
Even my children love the jambalaya …
DH and I love the dirty rice, as well as the red beans and rice.
:thumbsup:

At the Jewel. At Dominick’s (Safeway). Butera. Centrella stores. And Aldi’s if they get a case lot to sell.

Dang, it’s a FOOD recipe…but I thought…nvm :rolleyes:

Brotherrolf…are you being serious?

We’ve had Zatarain’s here in MN for a very long time. I see it’s also in NY and MI.

Remember…this is a consumer nation. If it’s not available in stores, we go internet…and then the internet gets tired of paying people to meet shipping demands they can’t meet and just market directly to stores and (likely) markup the prices. It’s the American way.

:rolleyes:

Sounds like a good recipe. I might make it tomorrow…or gazpacho, because it’s really hot this weekend and veggies are yummy, espeically cold, when it’s hot/humid.

Jambalaya,…that still sounds good…

Can this recipe be made in the crockpot/slow cooker, and if so, what would change?

I’m trying to not use heat inside my house when I have the AC on. I quit my job and am conserving money. Long story, but AC and cooking don’t go well together.

well that’s the beauty of it—only takes 25 minutes for the rice. and the veggies are still firm—if you use a slow cooker it will get all mushy I think. I will bring the pot up to boil and cover it tightly and take it off the heat if the kitchen is hot instead of simmering it for 25 minutes.

and BTW it is also good cold the next day for breakfast. if there is any left.

Ravyn

I thought the following:
1.) She’s going to tell people how to make cute pots to put in their gardens for summer.
2.) She’s going to tell them some nice stuff to plant in pots for their pot and window gardens in summer.
3.) I don’t think she’s old enough to have teenage kids, but maybe she knows some kids who planted pot and got in trouble, sort of a recipe for distaster.

But that was a pleasant surprise, Ravyn!

…ssssssssshhhhhhhhhhh…you know the secret that us cajuns have been planning for years…to turn the whole country cajun!!! lol! First we send out the good stuff to the yankees then we just sit back and wait for the party to begin! Trust me, if a few world leaders (ahem…wink wink…)were cajun, the world would be a very happy place!!:smiley: :thumbsup: :stuck_out_tongue:

oh yea~by the way…i was suprised that it was a recipe!! heehee!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.