Recipes for leftover fish

I love fish when it’s freshly cooked, but what do you do with leftover fish? When it’s reheated it’s almost always tough. Anybody have any good ideas or recipes, especially for halibut?

Fish salad – like tuna salad.

You can toss in some cajun seasoning . . . Terrific!

Fish patties - find a good salmon patty or crab cake recipe and use whatever fish you have. YUM!!! :thumbsup:

~Liza

Cat food!

(I don’t like fish, except walleye.)

Sometimes I make tuna melt sandwiches, with tuna salad and cheese, then grilled like a grilled cheese. Sounds kinda good with halibut, too! Hadn’t thought of that. Thanks!

Fish tacos. I know it sounds a little odd, but toss the fish with freshly squeezed lime and cilantro, and add a little salsa, sour cream or guac - whatever you like. We enjoy these on lenten Fridays.

Toss it into a bouillabaisse! Just simmer everything else as called for in the recipe, but throw in the already-cooked fish right at the end to warm it through.

Or toss it into a clam chowder - make a fishy soup fishier! :slight_smile:

That’s also what I was going to suggest. I like to mix togther the fish with some leftover mashed potatoes, an egg, some bread crumbs, and spices, form it into patties and fry it in a skillet.

Cook less fish the first time around so you don’t have leftovers! :slight_smile:

Betsy

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.