Recommendations please!

Hello all,

I’m looking for recommendations on movies and/or documentaries on our faith, Jesus, Mary. The Saints, anything you think is worth watching.

I all ready have/watched-

The Passion of the Christ
Jesus King of Kings
The miracle of our lady of Fatima
Padre Pio, miracle man
The Nativity
The Bible Series

Anything else you can recommend will be greatly appreciated,

Thanks,

Tony.

“Mother Teresa” (was excellent)
and
"The Exorcism of Emily Rose" was very good too.

if you go to www.saintjoe.com they have many good movies and documentaries. Also try www.ignatius.com they have a bigger selection. look for the Footprints of God series with Stephen Ray. My Boyfriend has a whole slew of saint movies and good catholic documentaries so i will post a couple for you later on today when i can get the names from him.

Thanks for posting that Cindy!! I had forgotten about that site.

Well here’s my two cents:

Jesus of Nazareth
Jesus: The Greatest Story of All Time
The Gospel of John
Mary, Mother of Jesus
The Shoes of the Fisherman
The Nun’s Story
Peter and Paul
Bernadette
Joan of Arc (Lead role: Leelee Sobieski)
The Apocalypse with Richard Harris

Others:
Ben-Hur
The Robe
The Bells of St. Mary’s
The Ten Commandments with Charlton Heston

Into Great Silence, is a documentary about a monastery in France. The film is about three hours long and follows the Monks through their daily life. The film is shot amazingly well and a great view for any movie fan. There is such peace and piety in this documentary I recommend it to anyone. It can be rented through Netflix, and also watched online at Netflix as well. I watched this and was overwhelmed by the Holiness and devotion to God of these men.
zeitgeistfilms.com/film.php?directoryname=intogreatsilence

Here are some off the top of his head:

Testimony to Truth (Scott Hahn, Alex Jones)
All Generations Shall Call Me Blessed (Tim Staples)
Reflections of the Mass
Ultimate Catholic Q&A
What Every Catholic Should Know About Hell
Common Objections Answered (Scott Hahn)
Why Be Catholic (Patrick Madrid)
No Turning Back (Fr. Don Calloway)
The Mission (1986)
Pope John Paul II (2005)
Why Be Catholic? (Dr. Ray Guarendi)

Thanks for the recommendations guys, some of these look very interesting.

Cheers,

Tony.

Yes! I suggest this one as well.

Even though this does not relate specifically to Catholocism, my wife and I watched “Fireproof” a few weeks back, and it is a wonderful movie about faith, and putting others ahead of our own needs. I must say that many of the movies others have listed are very good as well. the Robe is one I tend to watch every Easter weekend.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.