Recommending a new thread for prayer requests

I believe that the forums would be better served by having a separate folder for prayer requests. Some of them tend to be temporal in nature as well.

This would be better than having thread started asking for prayers in the Spiritual forum, where prayer is discussed, in Family Life, where praying as a family or prayer in our lifes is discussed, or in any other existing forum.

Just my :twocents:

P.S. I am not advocating stopping the practice of adding a related prayer to a discussion in any forum. I feel this is a very appropriate and Catholic action.

I second this suggestion.

Just this week my nephew, who is stationed in Iraq needed prayers since their base was being repeatedly shelled and there was at least one casualty. I wanted to put in a prayer request but did not know where to put it. I wound up just sending it to friends through email.

I noticed prayers on other sites but wasn’t sure if this was approved so I didn’t add mine.

Thanks!

Mary

I agree. A separate prayer forum would be a great service to us all. Sometimes, when I have little time, I may not check any section of another forum except the prayers – it’s the most important thing we’ve got going.

I was thinking the same thing about a thread dedicated to prayer requests. I am a firm believer in the power of prayer and although I pray for all intentions of Catholic Answers, I think it is more powerful when you actually know specific requests.

This would be great. I never know where to insert a request, and like one of the other posters I didn’t do it at all. I think many of us would contribute to it.

Please see “sticky” at the top of this list for the forum to go to so that you can post prayer requests…Spirituality is the forum that is suggested…God bless!

With all due respect to the moderator, Will Turner, who has already spoken on the “prayer request thread” and where to find it, I think that the prayer request should be more than just a thread to go to. It should be it’s own forum topic, in my opinion. I think it would be so well attended that it could stand on it’s own as a separate forum.

Would Catholic Answers consider this? :gopray2:

What about any other new forum topics like one on our Holy Father, and Infallibility, etc. Just suggestions! :smiley:

Our father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name, thy kingdom come, thy will be done, on Earth as it is in heaven, give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us, and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil, amen.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.