Recovering from drug addiction

This is my first post here, and in fact, my first prayer request. I’ve been off drugs for almost 2 yrs now but the damages remain, worst of all emotional blunting, horrible memory problems, and other brain damage. Also spinal problems, tics, heart trouble, stomach problems, breathing problems–really it’s unbelievable how much damage they’ve caused but then, I was on and off (very high doses) for about 9 yrs.

Please pray for me, these past few days have been really scary and I’m wondering if I might be near death. But I think God has allowed to get so bad in order to get me to amend my life, which I had been living quite badly. Last night I had (another) major conversion, went to confession today, and been feeling better the more I turn toward Him, so I’m hoping it might be all right. I’ve been praying to be healed, for a miracle, considering visiting Lourdes or Fatima, or asking for the Anointing of the Sick but I don’t want to have to tell people what for.

Please pray for me, especially for the brain damage and to amend my life, it’s really scary and I need all the help I can get, especially since I’m dealing with all this on my own, thanks to family problems.

I assure you, FCPS, that you will be in my daily prayers. I pray that you ask your Pastor for the Sacrament of the Sick and tell him you have all those medical problems that make you in need of healing. I pray he won’t ask what made you so sick, and if he does, I pray you can tell him you’d prefer not get into it. (The priest will respect you.) I pray you know you always have Jesus, Mary, priests, and us at the CAF for friends and help. Always call upon us whenever you need or like. Peace! and I’ll be praying for you!

Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary,
that never was it known that anyone who fled to your protection,
implored your help or sought your intercession,
was left unaided.
Inspired with this confidence,
I fly to you, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother;
to thee I come, before thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful.
O Mother of the Word Incarnate,
despise not my petitions,
but in thy mercy hear and answer me.
Amen.

You are an amazing courageous person to have overcome such a long-term and heavy drug problem.
I’m sad for the difficulties you are left with.
Lord please help this courageous person to alleviate where possible, and otherwise to manage the lingering consequences of the years of addiction.
Please provide companionship and spiritual family for this lonely and isolated person.
And in Your love, please help this person to live the command to love You above all and others as self, as is what Your desire of us, whatever consequences are in our lives due to past choices…for we all have those.

Please let our new fried experience You love in whatever happens.
Thank You for drawing this person back into Your life of grace,

God bless you for welcoming God’s grace.

You can get Anointing of the Sick. and I recommend you do. It might bring you some peace.

Just remember: Hold on to Jesus. He won’t let go.

Lord God,
Thank you for this person’s life. Thank you for letting them give up the drug habit, and thank you for allowing them to turn to You. Please help them through their troubles and pain, God. Lift up their suffering so they may live a good, full life free of drugs or pain. Please God look favorably on them. I ask this through Your name,
Amen.

FPCS,

May our merciful God bestow unlimited graces upon you for healing your conditions.

MEMORARE,
Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection, implored thy help, or sought thy intercession, was left unaided.

Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto thee, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother. To thee do I come; before thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful.
O mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in thy mercy hear and answer me. Amen

Welcome FCPS!

Praying that you will be fine in terms of health and that you amend your life so that you’ll have peace of mind …

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Praying hard for your complete recovery.

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

May the Lord bless you for welcoming God’s grace.

Lord, I thank You for the grace You have given to help this person overcome such a long-term and heavy drug problem.

Lord please help this courageous person to alleviate where possible, and otherwise to manage the lingering consequences of the years of addiction.

Please provide companionship and spiritual family for this lonely and isolated person.
And in Your love, please help this person to live the command to love You above all and others as self, as is what Your desire of us, whatever consequences are in our lives due to past choices…for we all have those.

Please let our new friend experience You love in whatever happens.
Thank You for drawing this person back into Your life of grace,

O Lord, Holy Father, omnipotent and eternal God, I give You thanks and I bless Your holy name. I know I’m a poor miserable sinner but hear a cause that is just, pay heed to my cry, turn your ear to my prayer, no deceit is on my lips. Amen

For your intentions

Continued prayers……

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit, as it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.

Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name; thy kingdom come; thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread; and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us; and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now, and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Lord Jesus, hear my prayer, listen to my cry for help. Amen

“If God brings it to you- God will bring you through it.”

Thank you so much for your prayers. I seem to be doing a little better, at least as far as the memory/mental problems go. I think this is on account of amending my life, or starting to. I think in fact that the evil one was actually using my attachment to sin to drive me nuts, causing more anxiety and confusion than I would have had otherwise. Now, I can’t describe what peace the Lord has given me, just in the past few days! I’m not saying the problems are all gone, far from it, but I think I see a way out now. I’ve been receiving Communion every day since Wednesday, I made the Stations of the Cross to get a plenary indulgence, which I wanted especially because it would remove the spiritual punishment for sins, i.e., get me into a -closer?-clearer?- union with God, which is what I need.

I’m sure the prayers have helped me, I will never again underestimate the power of prayer, I’ve been doing so much of it the last few days and I’ve gotten so much better, at least spiritually. However, now I think my neck and back problems are getting worse–that poison actually caused spinal deformities and my neck problems are making my head feel very strange, so I’m scared now of that, too. There are physical therapy exercises I’m supposed to do but some of my muscles don’t work right so it’s tricky doing them and hard to remember to avoid certain postures, etc. I’ve made a doctor’s appt. for this, I might need to see the PT again. So please keep praying for me, I’m sure it’s making a difference, I’ve been making a point to pray for everyone here, too, at least generally, for everyone who needs prayer, I don’t always get a chance to check the board, but I’m sure it makes a difference.

O Lord, Holy Father, omnipotent and eternal God, I give You thanks and I bless Your holy name. I know I’m a poor miserable sinner but hear a cause that is just, pay heed to my cry, turn your ear to my prayer, no deceit is on my lips. Amen

Continued prayers……

For your intentions

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit, as it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.

Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name; thy kingdom come; thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread; and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us; and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now, and at the hour of our death. Amen.

O my Jesus, forgive us our sins. Save us from the fires of Hell; lead all souls into Heaven, especially those in most need of Thy mercy. Amen.

Holy Spirit, please make your home in FCPS, inspiring him/her to surrender completely to the will of the Father, offering up his/her suffering for the good of the world. Blessed Mother, pray for FCPS, that he/she may receive both physical and spiritual healing and growth. Amen

Today is the Feast of All Saints Day.
May all the saints in heaven intercede for your healing, FCPS. :slight_smile:

Continued prayers……

For your intentions

O my Jesus, forgive us our sins. Save us from the fires of Hell; lead all souls into Heaven, especially those in most need of Thy mercy. Amen.

For your intentions

Continued prayers……

Illness is illness, no matter how yo u got it. God wants to ease ypur suffering and the chances are that your addiction is linked to other problems that you did not cause. Accept the healing God freely gives without asking why. Praying for you.

I will be Praying for your healing. God Bless.

For your intentions

Continued prayers……

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.