Recovering...

Over the last several years, I’ve descended into a hateful state of mind. I left the Church, and joined a sect. Recently, crisis struck, and now I’m on my knees, praying for redemption. I’ve bottomed out. Redemption…redemption…

You have been redeemed by Jesus on the cross. Get thee to confession, ASAP.

Go to confession and experience God’s loving grace and mercy. He will forgive you, my friend. Do not let your past weigh you down. God LOVES you INFINITELY.

It’s been only in the last few years that I climbed out of a similar situation – or rather, that I was raised from a similar situation.

The Seven Pentitential Psalms are a great aid. And you can make the novena to the Divine Mercy; innnumerable graces and helps are promised by Jesus to those who trust His Mercy. 

"O blood and water which gushed forth from the heart of Jesus as a fount of mercy for us, I trust in you."

Maybe read the parable of the prodigal son? (Luke 15, 11-32)
:slight_smile:

And see how God has waited for you to come back…
And how He has waited full of LOVE and MERCY.

And the prodigal son also at first had to encounter distress, and that made him return back.

Today on Good Friday also begins the Divine Mercy Novena, maybe that would help you, praying that?
praymorenovenas.com/divine-mercy-novena/; and for each day click on “divine mercy novena chaplet” if you don’t know how to pray the chaplet. (So, for each day there is a text, and afterward the chaplet is prayed.

Most importantly of course, go to confession. The priest here where I am last Sunday at mass stressed anyway how important confession is for the celebration of the Resurrection. Easter is Resurrection. If you can go to confession and then can take communion again (all of course presumingly that you are catholic), wouldn’t that be the most wonderful gift of all?

Welocme Back!!!

What took ya’ so long?

Glenda

Thanks, everyone. I appreciate your support. I’m struggling to climb out of the hole I dug for myself, spiritually. Hatred is addictive. I knew all along it wasn’t really me. I could feel my conscience tugging on my heart, but I fought it. I fought my own conscience through endless rationalizations. When my house of cards fell, there I was, scared to death, and desperate for my childhood faith, the faith of my ancestors, the faith that formed me, so long ago.

We went to Mass today, for the fist time in over a year. Felt great…

:extrahappy: Great news.

Hail, holy Queen, Mother of Mercy!
Our life, our sweetness, and our hope!
To thee do we cry, poor banished
children of Eve, to thee do we send
up our sighs, mourning and weeping
in this valley, of tears.
Turn, then, most gracious advocate,
thine eyes of mercy toward us; and
after this our exile show unto us the
blessed fruit of thy womb Jesus;
O clement, O loving, O sweet virgin Mary.

Pray for us, O holy Mother of God

That we may be made worthy of the
        promises of Christ.

This is not the end. It is the beginning. The enemy has nothing to lose; nobody to love, nobody to hope in, and nothing to have faith in. You will be tempted and pulled by the skin to return to where you were. You will be told that your return is a lie, and that you are unworthy, and that you are stupid to think you can live a holy life. When you feel all of these things, you must continue following Christ anyway. Not with your emotions, but with your conviction.

Hi King Alfred,

I am so sorry for your struggles.

Adoration before the Blessed Sacrament always helped me when I was struggling, too. If I couldn’t get to Adoration, I would just sit quietly in church, and would talk to Jesus right there before me, in the Tabernacle, behind the altar.

Prayers said for you, dear one. Hang in there, and take things one day at a time. That is all any of us can do.

May God Bless you and your family.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.