Red wolf moon coming soon

Does upcoming red wolf moon mean anything Biblically ???

0 Likes

Bah, humbug. It’s a simple lunar eclipse, and that’s all. “Red wolf moon” – sheer silliness.

D

2 Likes

I think I read about it in the epistle to CCR. I think it started a whole revival…

2 Likes

Is your question about astronomy or astrology? This is the page for the astronomical details:
http://www.eclipsewise.com/lunar/LEprime/2001-2100/LE2019Jan21Tprime.html

1 Like

It does not “mean” anything. It will however be an amazing sight.

1 Like

It means… nothing…

1 Like

It means that the moon will be at a close proximity and the earth’s shadow will cover it. As far as the end of the world there is the same chance that day as today. So go to confession often!

2 Likes

It will affect water levels near the coasts, it will affect animal movements, and some studies show that moon phases can affect human behavior.

0 Likes

Peak fullness at 6:12am Eastern Time. If the sky is clear, I’ll be out there.

And if it is the end of the world, I should do the same:

Luke 21:25-28

“There will be signs in the sun, the moon, and the stars, and on earth nations will be in dismay, perplexed by the roaring of the sea and the waves. People will die of fright in anticipation of what is coming upon the world, for the powers of the heavens will be shaken. And then they will see the Son of Man coming in a cloud with power and great glory. But when these signs begin to happen, stand erect and raise your heads because your redemption is at hand.”

0 Likes

I thought this would be a thread about a new micro-brew coming to a grocery store near me. Now I’m disappointed.

And no, it doesn’t mean anything more than a full moon, or a half moon, or a waning crescent…

3 Likes

Oh and flooding too if it coincides with king tides.

0 Likes

The last one was a blur to me. I remember hunger, then screaming, then pleasure, but I think it was all just a dream. From what I could tell when I woke up, I must have been at a party, but it turned bad at some point as almost everyone around me was horribly mangled except for a young girl who was wise beyond her years. For some reason, the monster that caused it didn’t care for us. Maybe it was because we were too covered in blood for him to realize that we weren’t dead.

Needless to say, I was a bit shocked, but I had to keep some resolve to comfort the girl. She was in an absolute panic. Apparently, this had happened many times to her before, but she still wasn’t used to it. We talked for a little bit while waiting for the cops, and despite being at most ten years old, she had an insane knowledge of the last century and a half, almost like she had lived during that time. Unfortunately, we couldn’t talk forever. She was taken away, and I haven’t seen her since that night. She did say something about meeting again during the next red wolf moon, but I doubt it.

Still, it would be nice to pick up where we left off, but the blood-soaked room still haunts me. I’m afraid that seeing her again will trigger some repressed PTSD. My fears and desires aside, though, I don’t think there’s anything Biblically significant about the event. The last one was weird, even frightening, but I wouldn’t call it apocalyptic.

3 Likes

What the…

2 Likes

Exactly! I’ve lived a weird life, but that event easily took the cake for being the weirdest.

0 Likes

We are such a people of constant stimulation. There was just a full solar eclipse that I was in the path of totality for. The sun turned blue, day became night. Stars came out and a warm day became cold in the dark. But here a moon turns color and people are freaking out!? Yawn. Not too long ago there were 3 or four of these in a row…

1 Like

You too huh?

0 Likes

:musical_note: There’s a bathroom on the right :musical_note:

3 Likes

No.

Astrology is forbidden and condemned by Scripture and the Church.

It’s a fools errand (and potential heresy) to search for “biblical signs” in the sun and planets.

1 Like

I think you might have mistaken this for a roleplaying site.

0 Likes

For some context, certain passages in the Bible describe what can be sort of understood as an eclipse with a red moon right around the time of Christ’s return (e.g. Acts 2:20), and others just describe something that may seem like an eclipse (e.g. Matthew 24:29). Predictably, some of the “END IS NEAR” Dispensationalist pastors have run away with that, so we get this concern every time an eclipse is going to come.

So it is less astrology and easy stimulation and more badly reading Scripture.

So wait! We weren’t the only one? You also had a similar experience? Are we dealing with a horrifying organization sending blood-thirsty cannibals who go to random parties?

1 Like

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.