Rededication of England as the “Dowry of Mary.”

The Catholic bishops of England have decided upon the rededication of England as the “Dowry of Mary.” This is to take place on the feast of the Annunciation 2020.

In preparation for the commemoration, a statue of Our Lady of Walsingham, whose feast day is today, is touring all of the Catholic cathedrals of England.

I went to my first Ordinariate Mass for the Feast of Our Lady of Walsingham tonight. It reminded me of Masses in US when I was very little -the Mass was in English then but the priest still faced away from the people and hadn’t yet been turned around.

They even had cake after (though it had been eaten a bit before I had a chance to take the picture).

I particularly enjoyed the musical selections including several from George Oldroyd, Viernes’ Westminster Carillion, and “Ye Watchers and Ye Holy Ones” sung with original lyrics rather than some modernized ones.

I am happy to hear there will be a rededication of England as the “Dowry of Mary”.

closed #4

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.