Redefining Who Priests Will Be in Great Britian!

Hope this link is posted properly. The content of this article is disturbing.

catholicnews.com/data/stories/cns/0905419.htm

Looks like the Church is under attack in many ways.

What!?! :O

The article posted by the Catholic News Service begins:

"The Catholic bishops of England and Wales said they could be at risk of prosecution under a proposed law unless they accept women, sexually active gays and transsexuals
as candidates to the priesthood."

This  doesn't sound good at all.  We are facing big challenges to preserve  our Church.

[quote="BluesPicker, post:3, topic:181964"]
The article posted by the Catholic News Service begins:

"The Catholic bishops of England and Wales said they could be at risk of prosecution under a proposed law unless they accept women, sexually active gays and transsexuals
as candidates to the priesthood."

This  doesn't sound good at all.  We are facing big challenges to preserve  our Church.

[/quote]

we cant just buckle, we're not trying to preserve the church by molding it to the what the world wants, I can't remember who said it, but 'we do not need a church that will move with the world, but a church that will move the world'

I think this is a gross injustice to religious freedom

Shocking news as a uk resident that the church could have to go to court on the new discrimination law if passed.
Shurely someone who is gay or female who is a good Catholic has to think of the greater good of the church. I personnally think an individual who takes the church to court on this matter is doing it for devious reasons and if you could prove this i reckon the church could win the case.
Everyone in the church nows the rules so therefore if you dont like them you are free to leave and join a denomination which allows gays and woman.

May God be with the church on the matter

Would this also make it illegal to stop non-catholics from becoming catholic priests?
I mean, If its gona happen at all, let it go all the way… (I’m being facetious)

closed #7

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.