Reflection on Sacrament of Reconciliation

The Sacrament of Reconciliation is a great teacher of the virtue of humility. It takes guts sometimes to admit your wrongs let alone mention them to a priest. You actually accuse yourself and the priest acts as judge by absolving you and assigning a penance. It is a very humbling experience. Any other reflections?

It is indeed a wonderful sacrament!

I recently heard something that I find very true. Confession is an even greater gift than an exorcism. It took me awhile to get what it meant. Both are wonderful gifts that Mother Church gives us in our times of need. However, exorcism is neither a sacrament nor something that is widely practiced by the Church. It is the Sacrament of Reconciliation.

In Scripture, every time Jesus performs a miracle like healing the sick or casting out demons, He tells them that their sins are forgiven. It seems very strange at first glance. But it shows us the importance He gives to Reconciliation and forgiveness of sins.

[quote="a83192, post:1, topic:332935"]
The Sacrament of Reconciliation is a great teacher of the virtue of humility. It takes guts sometimes to admit your wrongs let alone mention them to a priest. You actually accuse yourself and the priest acts as judge by absolving you and assigning a penance. It is a very humbling experience. Any other reflections?

[/quote]

Are you sure that the priest is there to judge you?

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.