Regarding annullments and dating

I was wondering if anyone could tell me, if someone gets a divorce, applies for an annullment and is refused, is it wrong for them to be in a relationship with another person.

This is happening to someone I know and I am not sure how to think about it.

such a person is married and therefore not a candidate for pursuing any kind of romantic relationship with a third party

if this describes someone you know, there is no need to think anything of it at all as we assume in Christian charity that person is being guided by their priest or spiritual director and making life decisions in line with morality to the best of their ability.

[quote="puzzleannie, post:2, topic:249370"]
such a person is married and therefore not a candidate for pursuing any kind of romantic relationship with a third party

if this describes someone you know, there is no need to think anything of it at all as we assume in Christian charity that person is being guided by their priest or spiritual director and making life decisions in line with morality to the best of their ability.

[/quote]

I hope that they are being guided but I am not sure, since not getting the annullment they haven't been too involved in the Church.

You actually should help the person out if you are close enough to them to have an open conversation. Would you let a loved one that was blindfolded walk over a cliff. No way!

In this situation, a friend is wandering down the well-worn path of adultery after a failed marriage.

When a friend's eternal life is at stake, it is no time to be passive.

[quote="Ruth_Catherine, post:1, topic:249370"]
I was wondering if anyone could tell me, if someone gets a divorce, applies for an annullment and is refused, is it wrong for them to be in a relationship with another person.

This is happening to someone I know and I am not sure how to think about it.

[/quote]

things are never black and white. why did she get divorced. And then anulment after divorce? It seems that that person does not care much about the problem and that you care more than her.

She is married to the first husband. but things may be more complex.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.