Regarding purging

Hey everyone,
I have a quick question.
I recently tried to brew an alcoholic beverage, and after drinking it, I felt queazy. So I decided to try to throw it up so that I’d feel better. Was that a sin? I don’t know or not it was just to make me feel better, rather than common reasons for purging.

Thanks!

If you need to purge your stomach for medical reasons that is not a sin. Becoming nauseated from a beverage would certainly constitute a medical reason.

okay thanks for replying, I just wanted to make sure that was okay.

Sure, it’s okay - but I’m curious; what did you think might be sinful?

The purging part, because making alcohol was optional, and so it if I didn’t make that, I wouldn’t have thrown up. And also purging has a negative connotation to it, so I just wanted to make sure.

Better safe than sorry.

what about the brewing part, maybe THAT is something you should try to not do anymore? :wink:

I really don’t know, don’t even know how the law is where you are… and not saiyng it was a sin, as I really don’t know… just wondering why you focused on the purging part. :wink: The brewing came first, then the drinking… purging was just a consequence, right?

By the way about a month ago I made myself purge because I felt very sick to my stomach… had some kind of stomach flu but didn’t purge automatically, so to feel better and finally be able to sleep at 3 am I made myself… and it helped.
I did not feel that was sinful.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.