Regarding the division in the Church!

Hi All,

I know that some people say that the body of Christ is not divided but evidently there are innumerable churches these days. Is there anyway to get a list of the major divisions in the church and the main reasons why they are different or in which way they are different from the Catholic Church.

Is there a comparative study available somewhere? Can someone help me here?

Thanks

With prayers
Joe.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Christian_denominations

Good luck!

catholic-resources.org/Courses/Christianity-Branches.htm

-Tim-

Thank you very much Tim. This helps a lot.

Hello Stephen,

Thanks a lot. I am a bit embarrassed… why didn’t I think of wikipedia before…! :slight_smile:

Joe

Don’t be embarrased.

Personally here’s why I never use Wikipedia.

[LIST]
*]Every article within the greater list of articles on each subject has [Edit] next to it. Anybody can add or subtract from the article.
*]Then there are the "disclaimers " :rolleyes: one probably doesn’t even notice them, NOR in extension, reads them. Disclaimers & Risk disclaimer
[/LIST]Please open and read the links

Don’t be embarrased for not thinking of wiki. IMV you did well by not thinking of wiki. But that’s just my opinion :slight_smile:

It’s pretty obvious, especially after so many centuries of experimentation. When your basic authority for doctrine is your personal interpretation of Scripture, disagreement and division are inevitable.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.