Rehab for Jihadists - Deeply Disturbing

Denmark has initiated a rehab program for returning Isis Jihadists suffering from wounds and trauma while supporting their faimlies at the same time. There is something very disturbing about this picture. How should our nation act or any peace loving nation?

aljazeera.com/indepth/features/2014/09/denmark-introduces-rehab-syrian-fighters-201496125229948625.html

Linus2nd

The Australian rehab. policy is not to allow them to return. 100% effective.

It’s often disturbing when people actually listen to radical teachings like “Do good to those who hate you.”

Some of the most radical and un-natural teachings for humanity:

“But I say to you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you” (Matt 5:43 NASB)

As well as:

“But I say to you, do not resist an evil person; but whoever slaps you on your right cheek, turn the other to him also.” (Matthew 5:39 NASB)

Cowards way out- they are like the 3 monkeys. See no Evil, Hear no Evil, Talk no Evil.

Nothing emboldens the wicked so greatly as the lack of courage on the part of the good.

There are 2 ways to be fooled, one is to believe that it is not true, the other is to refuse to believe what is true.

That sounds familiar! :wink:

:eek:

St Thomas Aquinas says, in Part 2, 2, Q 188, 3:
Reply to Objection 1. Not to resist evil may be understood in two ways. First, in the sense of forgiving the wrong done to oneself, and thus it may pertain to perfection, when it is expedient to act thus for the spiritual welfare of others. Secondly, **in the sense of tolerating patiently the wrongs done to others: and this *pertains to imperfection, or even to vice, *if one be able to resist the wrongdoer in a becoming manner. **Hence Ambrose says (De Offic. i, 27): **“The courage whereby a man in battle defends his country against barbarians, or protects the weak at home, or his friends against robbers is full of justice”: **even so our Lord says in the passage quoted [Luke 6:30 “Of him that taketh away thy goods, ask them not again”; Cf. Matthew 5:40, " . . . thy goods, ask them not again." If, however, a man were not to demand the return of that which belongs to another, he would sin if it were his business to do so: for **it is praiseworthy to give away one’s own, but not another’s property. And much less should the things of God be neglected, for as Chrysostom [Hom. v in Matth. in the Opus Imperfectum, falsely ascribed to St. John Chrysostom] says, **“it is most wicked to overlook the wrongs done to God.” **

Emphasis added.****

We have lost too many good cheeks. It is moral to defend the weak and helpless. It is moral to take up arms against terrorists who kill, behead, rape, enslave, and behead the innocent. It is immoral not to.

I agree that the weak, the helpless should be defended. I agree that persons who slaughter innocents, burn them alive, destroy the homes of innocents, massacre innocents with explosives and firearms should be stopped.

I think we should start with the professional murderers first, namely the state ones. Jihadists got nuthin’ on 50 million from a single murder method.

But there should still be justice for the horrible things these people have done. They should be put in jail for the rest of their lives.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.